PFF week 1 notes/ratings

mar29020

4 hours ago, Woz said:

This speaks to a mis-allocation of talent & resources ... which is a coaching problem.

Yes, there were player issues as well (it was a more or less a whole team loss by the offense), but at the end of the day, the players run the plays that are called in by the staff with the personnel on the field dictated by the staff.

There's that word COACHING again.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Obviously, and again I will point out, I am by no means a Ryan Grant fan, however, I don't get the Ryan Grant bashing day today.

Don't blame him for the coaches putting him out there. Don't blame him for Doctson being hurt a lot and never practicing. Don't blame him because Kirk threw it to him 6 times and he caught four of them.

You CAN blame him for blowing that screen though.

He wasn't "force fed" the ball though lol.

I'm not blaming Grant. He was a bright spot in an otherwise dark offensive day. He and Thompson were the only ones that did their jobs to the best of their ability.

I think what people are saying is that the guy with more ability is sitting on the bench. He's our 2015 1st rounder. We need him out there to see what we have in him. 

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm not blaming Grant. He was a bright spot in an otherwise dark offensive day. He and Thompson were the only ones that did their jobs to the best of their ability.

I think what people are saying is that the guy with more ability is sitting on the bench. He's our 2015 1st rounder. We need him out there to see what we have in him. 

I know but I wasn't surprised he wasn't out there. Dude hasn't played. At all.

21 hours ago, mar29020 said:

C Chase Roullier, Washington Redskins (82.3 overall grade, 95 snaps)

Roullier had his struggles this preseason in pass protection as he ranked 50th out of 66 qualified centers with a 96.7 PBE, he surrendered two pressures (a hit and a sack) on just 53 pass attempts. Where the sixth-round rookie out of Wyoming shined though was in the run game, where his 85.2 run blocking grade led all centers, by a significant margin (next closest center in terms of run blocking grade was Deyshawn Bond at 80.6).

insight about maybe our future starting center also

Hey, it's my boy.

Did it look like Long was limping at times to you guys?

12 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hey, it's my boy.

Did it look like Long was limping at times to you guys?

I didn't notice it, but t would make sense because he just had knee surgery and was limited all last week at practice. They probably should have kept Long out until he was truly 100 and gone with your boy Roullier and maybe even Roullier would have played like a boss and took the job away from the very average or even below Long.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Miss him? He never did anything lol. He'd run really fast get open and drop the ball. 

He was good for a deep TD catch or 2 a year. I will never understand why most fans cast a wr as a guy who drops the ball "all the time" because he has a few drops a year.

Now Pryor, I agree that so far he has a drop problem.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVdMxHRXe5l1SfXHqkUju Turtle

tortoise4.jpgTortoise

I meant Tortoise and Hare. I screwed it up. I was trying to make the point that Grant is slow and steady, while Pryor is a big, fast and flashy toy but unlike Grant he'll make mistakes in routes and drop a few balls a game.

Archived