NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

finding the double digit inteior rushers like Donald and Chris jones are worth more then a 10 sack edge rusher.  

i know madden isnt the end all be all but i can put up 700 yards offense on all-pro with the jags madden 2019 with Blake Bortles and our subpar OL minus Norwell and Linder. 

For reference point: Robinson-was like a 73/74  Norwell is like a 91 Linder is like 89 cann is like 70-72 parnell is 78

I mean...Madden isn't the end all, be all of football.  It's not even...actually football at all really.  It has very little bearing on how things work in the real world.  Though right now i guess...building the best Madden team possible might not be the worst strategy, since that's the only game being played.  xD

Guys like Aaron Donald are the exceptions, not the rule.  Yes...if you can get a DPOTY caliber player at any position...that's something you get all over.  No different than if you can get arguably THE best offensive Guard in the league in a guy like Nelson.  You do those things.  But those sort of absolutely "elite of the elite", best in the entire league at their position type players...are not the norm.  There are only a couple of those guys at any given position most of the time.

The exception doesn't prove the rule.  You can't just say a DT is more important than a DE because Donald is better than a good 10 sack edge rusher.  You can't say OG is more important than OT just because Quinton Nelson happens to be an absolute monster.  Odds are extremely thin, that you're drafting the next Nelson or Donald at those positions.  Which is where the average "good" OT is worth more than the comparable OG.  The average "good DE" is worth more than the comparable DT.  Those are the more realistic outcomes you have to weigh in "value".

I just don't see guys like Wirfs or Brown, as that "Nelson/Donald" tier, respectively.

To put it another way...just look at last year's class.  Who would you say is the most "valuable" a year out from that?  Guys like Quinnen Williams/Ed Oliver?  Or guys like Josh Allen/Clelin Ferrell?  Who are you taking?  Biggest impact?

On 29/03/2020 at 10:07 AM, .Buzz said:
Reading up on quotes from Gruden, Marrone, etc. and they all seem to think a full off-season healthy is going to do a lot for Robinson.

It'll be interesting.

Have to wonder how much of it is their belief in the magical healings and big step forward for Cam this year.  Which they've been known to expect before, with typically poor results.

Vs how much of that is just sorta covering their butts, in case the draft doesn't work out to land us the right OT...so they can point back to how much confidence they have in Cam, and it wasn't just a whiff on a critical spot in the draft.

It's hard for me to get a read on how much of which scenario it is.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Have to wonder how much of it is their belief in the magical healings and big step forward for Cam this year.  Which they've been known to expect before, with typically poor results.

Vs how much of that is just sorta covering their butts, in case the draft doesn't work out to land us the right OT...so they can point back to how much confidence they have in Cam, and it wasn't just a whiff on a critical spot in the draft.

It's hard for me to get a read on how much of which scenario it is.

if all 4 OTS go in the top 10 then we getting a stud falling to us. 

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Seems like trade up mostly. Keep hinting at all the draft capital to have the ability to move up.

This is so dumb.  I mean, i wouldn't put it past them.  But why?  Just because you finally have some premium draft capital, doesn't mean you have to spend it on something stupid like this like it's burning a hole in your pocket.

If this team ever wants to start to get itself back into the mix...multiple 1st round picks and extra 2nd rounders and stuff, is the avenue to that happening.  Not bundling everything in one suicidal package just because we happen to have multiple picks and are this years, "trade up darling" for every other team and fanbase that think they can leverage themselves into the exact situation we're in right now...for once.

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

9, 20, and a 1 next year I imagine. Maybe a mid round pick added in.

I'd absolutely ******* quit being a fan of this team until everyone even remotely associated with this was fired and launched into the sun to pay penance for their stupidity, if this happens.

Three firsts for a broken *** QB with a bum hip and multiple other injuries and obvious durability problems?  Tua isn't even that great when he's occasionally healthy, and even then...a lot of his success is based on mobility that's only going to continue to decline from here, from an already compromised point after repeated significant injuries.  I don't think i'd want to spend that sort of package on Tua even in a fantasy where he didn't have any of these injury concerns.

And yet it a dark and twisted vision shrouded in cynicism...i can actually see Dave and Co. doing this.  Drafting an already injured QB probably buys them a free "extra year", because "Dear Mr Khan, our vision will not be fully realized until our fancy new QB is healthy and able to suck in real life NFL games - therefore, you must give us more time".

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is so dumb.  I mean, i wouldn't put it past them.  But why?  Just because you finally have some premium draft capital, doesn't mean you have to spend it on something stupid like this like it's burning a hole in your pocket.

If this team ever wants to start to get itself back into the mix...multiple 1st round picks and extra 2nd rounders and stuff, is the avenue to that happening.  Not bundling everything in one suicidal package just because we happen to have multiple picks and are this years, "trade up darling" for every other team and fanbase that think they can leverage themselves into the exact situation we're in right now...for once.

I'd absolutely ******* quit being a fan of this team until everyone even remotely associated with this was fired and launched into the sun to pay penance for their stupidity, if this happens.

Three firsts for a broken *** QB with a bum hip and multiple other injuries and obvious durability problems?  Tua isn't even that great when he's occasionally healthy, and even then...a lot of his success is based on mobility that's only going to continue to decline from here, from an already compromised point after repeated significant injuries.  I don't think i'd want to spend that sort of package on Tua even in a fantasy where he didn't have any of these injury concerns.

And yet it a dark and twisted vision shrouded in cynicism...i can actually see Dave and Co. doing this.  Drafting an already injured QB probably buys them a free "extra year", because "Dear Mr Khan, our vision will not be fully realized until our fancy new QB is healthy and able to suck in real life NFL games - therefore, you must give us more time".

Tua I make an exception for personally. I'd prefer to ride with Minshew but if you can get a guy I see as a special QB prospect I'm always for it until you know you have the guy.

But I completely hear your reservations and get it. I'd also prefer to not let Dave another crack at a QB.