NFL Draft: What do we need NOW and LATER

JaguarCrazy2832

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i like love more then eason.  i think Loves Problems last year go back to a HC change along with losing a good bit of help and having to try to play hero ball.  

Love is that dude u sit for a year to learn like Mahomes. 

I like Love too, just not as much as Eason.

Love's issues concern me, in that he kinda deeply regressed.  Yes, the coaching and support around him fell apart.  But if he's not a guy who can really galvanize a program like that...is he going to be the guy to do that at the NFL level?  A year like that can actually be detrimental to a QB in their longer-term development.

Eason has his knocks for sure too.  He's not that "dual threat" that's en vogue lately.  Not even slightly.  He's also a guy who, despite all the tools and ability lost out to Fromm.  As a result of that, he ended up having to throw at a bunch of chumps on a bad Washington offense with no real weapons.  I feel like there's a bit of the "Josh Allen" thing to Eason's season.  He's got a rocket arm and he didn't have guys who could capitalize on that reliably.  Give Eason like...Ceedee Lamb, and i bet perspectives shift a lot.

4 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

ya. i mean wirfs freaking blew the roof off at the combine.   someteam will take him early and if he doesnt look good at tackle u can move him to guard ;)

That's where i worry that the combine is going to overrule what he put on film.  He tested liked he should be a LT prospect.  But he doesn't exactly play that way.

Kind of the opposite of Wills, who doesn't exactly look like a LT...but he plays with the control, technique, and power of a decent one.

11 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I like Love too, just not as much as Eason.

Love's issues concern me, in that he kinda deeply regressed.  Yes, the coaching and support around him fell apart.  But if he's not a guy who can really galvanize a program like that...is he going to be the guy to do that at the NFL level?  A year like that can actually be detrimental to a QB in their longer-term development.

Eason has his knocks for sure too.  He's not that "dual threat" that's en vogue lately.  Not even slightly.  He's also a guy who, despite all the tools and ability lost out to Fromm.  As a result of that, he ended up having to throw at a bunch of chumps on a bad Washington offense with no real weapons.  I feel like there's a bit of the "Josh Allen" thing to Eason's season.  He's got a rocket arm and he didn't have guys who could capitalize on that reliably.  Give Eason like...Ceedee Lamb, and i bet perspectives shift a lot.

i wouldnt call washingtons wrs scrubs....they been pumping out some WRS. not many in the NFL with just Marvin Hall, John Ross, Jaydon Mickens, Dante Pettis.   they also have been putting out a nice number of TEs in the NFL with guys like WIll Dissley, Joshua Perkins, Drew Sample, Darrell Daniels.

i also pretty damning he couldnt beat Browning out

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i wouldnt call washingtons wrs scrubs....they been pumping out some WRS. not many in the NFL with just Marvin Hall, John Ross, Jaydon Mickens, Dante Pettis.   they also have been putting out a nice number of TEs in the NFL with guys like WIll Dissley, Joshua Perkins, Drew Sample, Darrell Daniels.

i also pretty damning he couldnt beat Browning out

None of those guys are relevant to Eason though.  They're basically all graduates before he got a snap.

He also didn't lose out to Browning...he just got stuck in the transfer portal wormhole.  He lost out to Fromm...but even that, was a weird scenario where he lost out because they didn't want to disrupt things after immense surrounding talent carried Fromm to something.  Eason wasn't the QB they wanted or needed with that sort of cast in college football.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

None of those guys are relevant to Eason though.  They're basically all graduates before he got a snap.

He also didn't lose out to Browning...he just got stuck in the transfer portal wormhole.  He lost out to Fromm...but even that, was a weird scenario where he lost out because they didn't want to disrupt things after immense surrounding talent carried Fromm to something.  Eason wasn't the QB they wanted or needed with that sort of cast in college football.

Eason wasn’t Smarts QB Eason was recruited by Mark Richt.. so that’s why Eason got the short end of the stick in that QB battle.

Is Chaisson a legitimate possibility for y'all? Or is he more of a target for #20?

Working on a mock and I'm stuck on you guys.

1. CIN - Burrow

2. MIA - Tua (trade up)

3. DET - Young

4. NYG - Simmons

5. WAS - Okudah

6. LAC - Herbert

7. CAR - Brown

8. AZ - Wirfs

9. JAX - ???

Who would you take in this scenario

Edited by Justwinning

11 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Is Chaisson a legitimate possibility for y'all? Or is he more of a target for #20?

1. CIN - Burrow

2. MIA - Tua (trade up)

3. DET - Young

4. NYG - Simmons

5. WAS - Okudah

6. LAC - Herbert

7. CAR - Brown

8. AZ - Wirfs

9. JAX - ???

Kinlaw, Wills, or Becton.

Personally, I think Kinlaw would be the pick in this scenario.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Kinlaw, Wills, or Becton.

Personally, I think Kinlaw would be the pick in this scenario.

Interesting you mention Becton and Wills.

How have your young Tackles looked so far? I'm assuming Cam Robinson isn't panning out if you think OT is a possibility?

Edited by Justwinning

16 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

1. CIN - Burrow

2. MIA - Tua (trade up)

3. DET - Young

4. NYG - Simmons

5. WAS - Okudah

6. LAC - Herbert

7. CAR - Brown

8. AZ - Wirfs

9. JAX - ???

It's hard to say...because personally, i think that with the expected Ngakoue trade...this team is gonna have a significant, almost glaring need at DE for another true Edge rusher.  And after Chase Young...it's kinda Chaisson or bust.

But this regime is almost pretty well known to just gloss over deficiencies like that and expect other projects and depth guys to just pick up the slack of a top tier talent out the door.  Could very much see them just totally failing to address it, and just assume Josh Allen and some depth rotational guys will somehow make up for losing Yan and Calais at the same time.

I'm also personally not really a big fan of Chaisson though.  So i'd be more than fine with passing on him.  Just feels like there's too much bust potential there.  Not enough flashes of sky high upside to really justify the risk for me.  But who knows how this regime will view him.

• Like 1

Just now, Justwinning said:

Interesting you mention Becton.

How have your young Tackles looked so far? I'm assuming Cam Robinson isn't panning out if you think Becton is a possibility?

He has not.

He's been a very good run blocker but last year he was bad in pass pro. He was coming off an ACL that likely impacted him a bit, but he's been below average in that area since he's been here. They seem to still be backing him, but if a few targets are off the board at 9 and our top OT on our board is there I think it's a possibility.

Taylor had his lumps at times last year but from mid/late season on was largely impressive, imo. I think he has a chance to be special at RT in time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Interesting you mention Becton and Wills.

How have your young Tackles looked so far? I'm assuming Cam Robinson isn't panning out if you think OT is a possibility?

OT is very much a pick that i think a lot of fans would be into.  Cam Robinson hasn't really been cutting it at LT.  He showed reasonably well early as a rookie, but he hasn't really progressed - as a pass protector in particular.  In fact, he's arguably even regressed a bit in that area with some injury problems.

On the other hand...this staff do seem to be talking like they expect Cam to be healthier and miraculously become a stud LT or something.  So they could end up just ignoring it and maybe grabbing a project swing tackle in the later rounds or something.

• Like 1