GDT: Week 11: “The Boston Massacre” Eagles vs Patriots

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Need the D to bail us out here. 

Wentz needs to be better if we’re going to win. 

It's not Wentz... Lane goes out and our line collapses then add a WR group that is getting 0 seperation. Our receivers are junk.. we can't win it all with these guys. 

Drama or not I'd be calling up AB before it's too late. 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Then throw it away? He can get every benefit of the doubt but at some point the responsibility falls on his shoulders. He needs to be better. 

You wouldn't be mad if he threw it out of bounds every time a receiver doesn't uncover after 2-3 seconds?

Wentz has been pretty damn good this year at taking less sacks and protecting his body.

He sometimes still tries to do make too much happen cause we can't get easy chunk plays, but I can't really blame him for that.

2 minutes ago, ySoCereal said:

It's not Wentz... Lane goes out and our line collapses then add a WR group that is getting 0 seperation. Our receivers are junk.. we can't win it all with these guys. 

Drama or not I'd be calling up AB before it's too late. 

Not gonna get an argument out of me on that. But Wentz can’t put himself in that position. He pumped faked it. He should have thrown it away. He tries to do too much sometimes. It was a tough play but he can’t be Superman. 

D is playing great but killing ourselves on offense. At this rate, it’s not going to end well. We either need the D get a big turnover or the O to start doing anything of value. Get the run game back going. Only ran like twice since the TD. We’re going 4.6 a carry. Keep pounding. 

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You wouldn't be mad if he threw it out of bounds every time a receiver doesn't uncover after 2-3 seconds?

Wentz has been pretty damn good this year at taking less sacks and protecting his body.

He sometimes still tries to do make too much happen cause we can't get easy chunk plays, but I can't really blame him for that.

It doesn’t need to be every play, the dude scrambles fine, but he literally just gave up three points after holding onto the football for an eternity. 

I agree Wentz has been better at protecting himself this year. That doesn’t mean he isn’t playing poorly today. Yes our WRs are terrible, but I refuse to believe there hasn’t been a single 50/50 ball he could have thrown on some of these plays.  He isn’t even giving them a chance to make a play. Also when Hollins actually got a ton of separation he missed him by a freaking mile. 

I love Wentz as much as the next guy, but at some point he takes responsibility with these WRs.

• Like 2