King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

No, I'm not really concerned about him regressing. The concern is tying up a significant portion of your cap in a player that can be pretty easily replaced. Let me remind everyone what Henry was doing before Tannehill came in and produced one of the greatest stretches of QB play in NFL history(statistically anyway) and before the o-line started to absolutely maul people in the run game:

7UOKW7L.png

And even then his dominant stretch didn't start til week 10, when Lewan had been back for a few games and Davis started getting more up to speed, etc. Our o-line over the last month and a half or so has been stupidly good. Henry deserves tons of credit for turning 4 yard runs in to 8 yard runs or whatever with his speed and power, but the o-line has consistently been giving him those first 4-5 yards free. And when you have a line capable of doing that, the list of RBs you could plug in and get great production out of is a long one.

It doesn't help that Henry isn't a threat at receiver, either. He can catch screen passes but beyond that? Offers no value catching the ball. At least backs like Zeke offer that, even though I also say paying someone like Zeke is foolish too.

Well it's not like you can just plug anyone any there and see production. Henry makes a difference.  We saw what it looked like with Lewis and Dawkins against the Saints.
I think it's foolish to just make it sound like its the line and Henry isn't part of the equation. 

Sure, I guess you could try to just draft a guy in the 3rd or something, but I'd rather not. If you want a truly dynamic RB then you'd have to draft one higher, which by your metric of value would be equally as foolish.

8 of the top 10 rushers all drafted in the first 2 rounds, expanding it to top 15, it would 11 out of 15.

Top 20- 15 out of the 20. 
Odds say you have to spend a premium pick to get a top rusher. I think the notion of just getting an 5/6th round guy to be a starter is overblown.
I'd rather not spend a top pick on trying to get a RB when we have one. I'd rather try to get an edge rusher, something we don't have, and not likely to find in FA. 

29 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

You'd think the 6,000 examples we have in the NFL of how paying RBs, even ones that look other worldly, pretty much never works out would be enough to convince people, but I guess not.

I don’t give a damn. It’s not your money or mine. Robinson knows what he’s doing and it’s clear Henry isn’t just some run of the mill RB that can be easily replaced. We saw Tannehill last night look like ****... Could you imagine if Henry wasn’t around? If they don’t resign him, this team takes a huge step back. It doesn’t matter anyway. The odds of him not being back next season is at 0 %. Fans will riot at the thought of him not being in a Titans jersey. He’s the one superstar they have on the team. Superstars sell tickets.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Again, he'd probably not produce to make any contract seem worth it. Unless you bring him back for pennies. 
But if you give him a new deal and new money it will be an increase and make it one the highest at his position.  
What does it matter if they do though?  
Are you fearful that he will revert back to the RB that can only get 3.0 ypc?  
He is obviously a great player. I say cut Lewis, draft a player in the mid rounds or so that can compliment him and there you go. 

And again, Robinson hasn't shown to give out silly deals that can't be escaped from barring bad production.  Pay him.  Is he preventing us from signing anyone else? if not then roll. 

He was avg 3.0 YPC because the coaching staff were incompetent fools that were trying to run a RB by committee. That doesn’t work with Henry he’s a workhorse he gets better with carries, he has to get in rhythm. Anytime he split carries he then gets in the game & presses the issue, looks for the home run vs running with patience because he feels if he doesn’t make a play he’s going to be taken out. 
the Cowboys is different zeke got paid twice, he got his rookie deal, which he was a high pick & he took advantage of playing behind a great OL & he was their offense before Dak had a big year this year. Henry on the other hand hasn’t been paid & he’s the heart & soul of our offense. The engine that makes us go. We play off the run 

3 minutes ago, TitanTuff said:

You think Conner and Pollard would have put up 200 yards against and defeated Brady/Belichick in the playoffs just because of our o-line? 

No idea, but I know they've replaced other high profile guys considered the best at their position and had a ton of success.

I also know that our OL was absolutely mauling last night. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Only RB that’s a FA I’ll sign but it’s going to come with bad publicity is Kareem Hunt. But Henry easily is a top 5 RB 

I don't think anyone is arguing that at the moment. It's about the ROI on paying a top 5 RB vs a premium position.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t give a damn. It’s not your money or mine. Robinson knows what he’s doing and it’s clear Henry isn’t just some run of the mill RB that can be easily replaced. We saw Tannehill last night look like ****... Could you imagine if Henry wasn’t around? If they don’t resign him, this team takes a huge step back. It doesn’t matter anyway. The odds of him not being back next season is at 0 %. Fans will riot at the thought of him not being in a Titans jersey. He’s the one superstar they have on the team. Superstars sell tickets.

We went in to the game with 0 plans to ask Tannehill to do anything. It's hard to give a **** about his performance when we made no attempt to put him in to any kind of rhythm, seemingly refused to call roll outs/boot legs that he'd be successful with all season, etc. We didn't pass more or less until it was 3rd and long, and Tannehill converted a couple of those, one being a TD pass and another being a crucial 3rd down that let us burn a lot more clock.

This "Tannehill sucked last night" angle is getting played way too much today. His INT was ugly as it gets and should never happen. Beyond that though he played as well as anyone is going to with the gameplan we had up against the best pass defense in football.

There are quite a few RBs you could put behind our o-line last night and get success out of. The same exact amount of success as Henry? Maybe not, Henry as a pure runner is one of the best in the league. But considerable success all the same? Yes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

There are quite a few RBs you could put behind our o-line last night and get success out of. The same exact amount of success as Henry? Maybe not, Henry as a pure runner is one of the best in the league. But considerable success all the same? Yes.

Maybe, but it works with Henry. Why change something that works? We dont know how a new RB is gonna work with us