King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

Just a quick thought... With Gordon being a FA after this year and Leveon Bell being talked about potentially being cut... Would either of them be better signings than Henry, if money was the same?

Henry may be the better pure runner, but both those guys are better all around/3 down backs... 

Just something that came to mind last night... 

46 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Just a quick thought... With Gordon being a FA after this year and Leveon Bell being talked about potentially being cut... Would either of them be better signings than Henry, if money was the same?

Henry may be the better pure runner, but both those guys are better all around/3 down backs... 

Just something that came to mind last night... 

Gordon I’m scared of only has played 1 healthy full season. Leveon no doubt is better as an all around back but if I’m TN I find away to get it done 4yr 50 mill some like 12 mill annually 

On 12/15/2019 at 10:07 AM, TitanRedd said:

Gordon I’m scared of only has played 1 healthy full season. Leveon no doubt is better as an all around back but if I’m TN I find away to get it done 4yr 50 mill some like 12 mill annually 

Again... the total numbers don't concern me much.  What's it look like after 2 years... which has become the standard NFL contract. All guarantees in the first 2 years, making all years after a year to year thing. Bell's contract, which I'm assuming you're using as a baseline (4 years, 52M)... has it at  2 years/28M... I would want something less than that for Henry... say 2 years 22M.  The 28M can be on the backend, meaning minimal penalties.

18 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Again... the total numbers don't concern me much.  What's it look like after 2 years... which has become the standard NFL contract. All guarantees in the first 2 years, making all years after a year to year thing. Bell's contract, which I'm assuming you're using as a baseline (4 years, 52M)... has it at  2 years/28M... I would want something less than that for Henry... say 2 years 22M.  The 28M can be on the backend, meaning minimal penalties.

With a RB I rather get his guaranteed money out the way up front therefore when he falls off when can easily get out of it. But I’m pretty sure it’s gone take close 35 mill guaranteed to get Henry under contract. For the simple fact RB’s get 1-2 big deals, 2 if they were a high 1st round pick. Henry is looking to cash in because this may be his only big deal. 

19 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

With a RB I rather get his guaranteed money out the way up front therefore when he falls off when can easily get out of it. But I’m pretty sure it’s gone take close 35 mill guaranteed to get Henry under contract. For the simple fact RB’s get 1-2 big deals, 2 if they were a high 1st round pick. Henry is looking to cash in because this may be his only big deal. 

Not just RBs... all contracts are being structured that way... its the standard for the most part (Kirk Cousins contract aside).  Put all the guaranteed money in the first 2 years, and make it year to year after that.  The only penalties teams would carry are any amounts of the SB that were prorated... they don't need to pay out anymore, but it has to count against the cap.  

35M G for Henry when Bell got 28M last year... I wouldn't do it. I'm looking more at 22M, although 24M would be ok.  Henry to me is not on the same level of the Bells and Gurleys and Barkleys as true 3 down backs.  And while Henry's been durable in his career... will he be able to hold up for 2 years if we keep using him the way we have (you're looking at close to 400 carries the past 17 games, including last year's stretch to close the year).

17 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Not just RBs... all contracts are being structured that way... its the standard for the most part (Kirk Cousins contract aside).  Put all the guaranteed money in the first 2 years, and make it year to year after that.  The only penalties teams would carry are any amounts of the SB that were prorated... they don't need to pay out anymore, but it has to count against the cap.  

35M G for Henry when Bell got 28M last year... I wouldn't do it. I'm looking more at 22M, although 24M would be ok.  Henry to me is not on the same level of the Bells and Gurleys and Barkleys as true 3 down backs.  And while Henry's been durable in his career... will he be able to hold up for 2 years if we keep using him the way we have (you're looking at close to 400 carries the past 17 games, including last year's stretch to close the year).

Bell & Henry too different cases Bell has a history of failed drug tests plus injuries & seasons he had over 350 + touches & I believe he’s 28. Henry is 25 with no wear & tear he’s only been a starter for 2 years. Your logic makes sense but you can bet he’s going to be looking for 30-35 mill guaranteed he has to get paid & strike while he has leverage