This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

I hate to get serious here because this is supposed to be a fluff topic essentially but you really haven't been yourself recently TBH and you seem to be a bit confrontational towards some of us. Like the OK Boomer discussion the other day. I'm only saying this because this seems to be unlike you and I'm hoping everything is ok. Not trying to agitate or troll or get under your skin or poke at you at all. You honestly just don't seem to be yourself lately, that's all.

Everything's fine.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I hate to get serious here because this is supposed to be a fluff topic essentially but you really haven't been yourself recently TBH and you seem to be a bit confrontational towards some of us. Like the OK Boomer discussion the other day.

I'm only saying this because this seems to be unlike you and I'm hoping everything is ok. Not trying to agitate or troll or get under your skin or poke at you at all. You honestly just don't seem to be yourself lately, that's all.

Agreed

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Also, good day. 

I did my taxes.  I beat the monster that was kicking my butt in Monster Hunter. I took a little nap and watched it rain.  

President's Day rules!

I worked. Rule of my job. I'm not a veteran, so I work veteran's day. I'm not native so I don't work NA day, I'm not dead so I work memorial day. I'm not a president...

I'm waiting until I have to work Xmas because I'm not Jesus Christ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I worked. Rule of my job. I'm not a veteran, so I work veteran's day. I'm not native so I don't work NA day, I'm not dead so I work memorial day. I'm not a president...

I'm waiting until I have to work Xmas because I'm not Jesus Christ.

There is no NA day, quit calling it that. 

Taking that 3-on-3 idea further.  Have an East and West bracket, double elimination style, winner of each bracket goes to the final.  Have the teams be actually random, unlike the draft, where each group of 3 is randomly chosen, the day of the event.  This way we wouldn't ever get the same teams together.  And you could get a team of all guards or centers.  It would be fun.  And it would be different.

39 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Taking that 3-on-3 idea further.  Have an East and West bracket, double elimination style, winner of each bracket goes to the final.  Have the teams be actually random, unlike the draft, where each group of 3 is randomly chosen, the day of the event.  This way we wouldn't ever get the same teams together.  And you could get a team of all guards or centers.  It would be fun.  And it would be different.

Disagree. The draft itself causes drama. Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant should be captains every year until they retire.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Disagree. The draft itself causes drama. Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant should be captains every year until they retire.

They should have the draft live on Saturday night.  

Have the players actually be there and making the picks.  See the faces of players being taken after someone they think they are better than.  

I liked the scoring reset they did.  I felt that there was more urgency to it for the full 4 quarters.

4th quarter was the best for sure.   THat is why I would do a best of 3 series with each game going to 21, win by 2.  Play 3 of those mini series.

Could even redraft after a set of 3.  Have a it set up where the players wear new uniforms.  More merchandise to sell as you would have multiple all stars on 2-3 different teams.

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

They should have the draft live on Saturday night.  

Have the players actually be there and making the picks.  See the faces of players being taken after someone they think they are better than.  

I liked the scoring reset they did.  I felt that there was more urgency to it for the full 4 quarters.

4th quarter was the best for sure.   THat is why I would do a best of 3 series with each game going to 21, win by 2.  Play 3 of those mini series.

Could even redraft after a set of 3.  Have a it set up where the players wear new uniforms.  More merchandise to sell as you would have multiple all stars on 2-3 different teams.

Agreed about the draft being done like it's The Bachelor 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Agreed about the draft being done like it's The Bachelor 

Do the draft just like choosing sides before a pick up game.  

Lebron and Giannis as captains.  Stand at midcourt and announce the picks as they happen.  Nice bit of gambling on pick options.

Print the jerseys and after warmups. Play a set of games to 21.

Get 2 different captains, then repick teams.  Gamble, price jerseys and play.

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Do the draft just like choosing sides before a pick up game.  

Lebron and Giannis as captains.  Stand at midcourt and announce the picks as they happen.  Nice bit of gambling on pick options.

Print the jerseys and after warmups. Play a set of games to 21.

Get 2 different captains, then repick teams.  Gamble, price jerseys and play.

I am in love with the idea of the players betting against each other publicly. Would never happen, but I think that's an incredible idea.