This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

A friend bought it and said he liked it, I'm just not sure I'd get into it unless there were multiple games to play.  I feel like I don't play very many video games anymore.

Yeah, I'm not really into gaming anymore. I bought a PS4 a few years back and pretty much only played The Witcher 3 on it. Don't think I've turned it on since June 16 tbh. I sort of got sucked into making it my mission to buy a Switch since they're hard to find and I wanted to buy something fun this summer that wouldn't break the bank too much. I figure at the least it'll always be good for playing the classic Nintendo party games with friends.

Anybody else miss the join date? I feel like my Jan 2006 join date made me feel a lot prouder than my 3k posts. -_-

My only other complaint (overall I like the new look), is the emoticons are lacking the personality of the old ones. Nothing could beat dropping one of those dorky :lol: smiles.

8 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Meh. Had a 2006 join date too but I didn't really think it was prestigious. The people who were around back then remember the posters worth remembering.

Are or aren't?  Think it cut off on you.

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Ah, gotcha. Just saying if you regularly browsed the forums in the pre-Superb Owl years you remember the posters who were around. No need for an old-timers club.

That's what I figured you were talking about.  Let's get some great activity going in here and bring some new posters to the discussion table.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's get some great activity going in here and bring some new posters to the discussion table.

Thats exactly what I'm looking forward to the most. An easier to use, more user friendly forum is going to mean more quality, original content that can't be found anywhere else on the internet. Different perspectives, ideas, writing styles, and I think this forum style will allow more personality to show while also cutting out the amount of BS arguments from posters misjudging the tone from others' posts.

Just now, ChaRisMa said:

Thats exactly what I'm looking forward to the most. An easier to use, more user friendly forum is going to mean more quality, original content that can't be found anywhere else on the internet. Different perspectives, ideas, writing styles, and I think this forum style will allow more personality to show while also cutting out the amount of BS arguments from posters misjudging the tone from others' posts.

The ignore feature should do wonders for the posters you really don't want to talk to.  Eagles forum is blowing us out of the water in terms of posting, but that's going to change soon.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The ignore feature should do wonders for the posters you really don't want to talk to.  Eagles forum is blowing us out of the water in terms of posting, but that's going to change soon.

Yeah how is that going to work? I gotta play around on this forum some more and see what is possible.

Is ignore feature going to be that big of a deal? I feel like the last year or so hasn't been as bad in terms of trolls, although I may have my rose colored glasses on.

Although I just remembered GDTs exist, so nevermind.