Week 11 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

13 hours ago, burlow said:

Honestly going forward it feels like the Rams will be the easiest team to beat in this division, we have had a better time with them and the Cards have been playing us hard.  It just sucks that we have two greased midgets in our division that we have to try to stop.

That’s why you go out and get a Bosa and Ford. Kwon is the missing piece. His speed along with Warner’s makes it hard for mobile qbs to get that extra yardage if the escape containment. We need to draft another LB in the third or fourth that plays downhill with speed. Durability for these small lbs is going to be an issue going forward. 

• Like 2

Just now, straighthate said:

I saw somewhere that Greenlaw was our highest rated player on PFF. I barely remember seeing him yesterday. Just occasionally in on a tackle. Anyone see what I missed?

After just having watched, I saw Mr. 57 around the ball very often. I don't recall seeing many impact type plays, but he was showing nose for the ball, and cleaning up plenty. Now, Warner was also around... but he impressed me less, as I found him to be more victim than champ. 

.... and shame on you, Sherman. All that talk and self recrimination... and what have u learned, good sir?

13 hours ago, burlow said:

Honestly going forward it feels like the Rams will be the easiest team to beat in this division, we have had a better time with them and the Cards have been playing us hard.  It just sucks that we have two greased midgets in our division that we have to try to stop.

Must have missed this comment. I LOVE this so much; makes me wish we still had signatures. So worthy, haaahaaaha. :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

A game much more fun to watch the second time around.. when u know the outcome (derp). 

Tell u what, Jimmy is a tough SoB. Other than that usual wtf? INT, he took a lot of abuse, and made so many critical plays. :) 

The scary part was he mainly got the ball rid of his hands in less than 2 or so seconds and still faced constant pressure. I believe the little wrinkle Shanny added with the quick PA helped give him an extra split second he needed to complete some of his passes. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The scary part was he mainly got the ball rid of his hands in less than 2 or so seconds and still faced constant pressure. I believe the little wrinkle Shanny added with the quick PA helped give him an extra split second he needed to complete some of his passes. 

heavy blitzes, and I found our OL to be generally underwhelming. We are playing a dangerous game, and betting on Jimmy's toughness. 

So far, so good, but they have to get better protection moving along. 

The fact that we're winning with the penalties and obvious injuries is very impressive. Our running game was no mirage. We'll get it back strong enough.. but getting a healthy Kittle and Sanders would sure speed this return of it up.

• Like 1

Just now, oldman9er said:

heavy blitzes, and I found our OL to be generally underwhelming. We are playing a dangerous game, and betting on Jimmy's toughness. 

So far, so good, but they have to get better protection moving along. 

The fact that we're winning with the penalties and obvious injuries is very impressive. Our running game was no mirage. We'll get it back strong enough.. but getting a healthy Kittle and Sanders would sure speed this return of it up.

Our OL has been pretty bad lately, no doubt. But that also has to do with how teams are stacking the box and blitzing as much as they are. But again, I'm fine with that as once Kittle returns, that adds a whole another dimension to the offense and our WRs will have plenty of one on one opportunities. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our OL has been pretty bad lately, no doubt. But that also has to do with how teams are stacking the box and blitzing as much as they are. But again, I'm fine with that as once Kittle returns, that adds a whole another dimension to the offense and our WRs will have plenty of one on one opportunities. 

Been said by everyone and more than once. 

SO good to see our baby Deebo stepping up yesterday. Late in the 3rd, Jimmy took a few consecutive hits.. and that 3rd one was when Deebo rewarded him with that crazy tough grab at the sideline between PP21 and i forget, S. The play was flagged to our benefit anyway, but the plays Deebo made (and plays so far with Sanders) will keep a Jimmy trusting his guys.

Nice plays shown by JUICE as well. Just wish he could break/slip more tackles. 

• Dee Ford left Sunday's Week 11 game against the Cardinals with a hamstring injury and did not return.

Ford hobbled off late in the second quarter. Beat reporter Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle described it as a "potentially significant" injury. The former Chief has enjoyed another strong season, logging 6.5 sacks and two forced fumbles over 222 defensive snaps while garnering PFF's No. 15 pass-rushing grade among 4-3 defensive ends.

Nov 18, 2019, 10:53 AM ET

As I'm sure we all feel... hope not serious. 
  •  
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:
  • Dee Ford left Sunday's Week 11 game against the Cardinals with a hamstring injury and did not return.

Ford hobbled off late in the second quarter. Beat reporter Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle described it as a "potentially significant" injury. The former Chief has enjoyed another strong season, logging 6.5 sacks and two forced fumbles over 222 defensive snaps while garnering PFF's No. 15 pass-rushing grade among 4-3 defensive ends.

Nov 18, 2019, 10:53 AM ET

As I'm sure we all feel... hope not serious. 
  •  

It would suck to lose him for an extended period of time but thankfully AA has been playing at a high level...

Really testing our depth this year. For significant periods of time we've had to rely on Moseley, Tarvarius Moore, Wilson, Dwelley (both for Juice & now Kittle), Skule, Brunskill, Jullian Taylor, Damontre Moore, Greenlaw, McLaughlin, heck we've even used 3-4 longsnappers this year.

But if you have championship goals, you need to keep on chugging along. I'm proud of the toughness, of the players stepping up, and the coaching staff adjusting. 

• Like 2