Week 11 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Well, that certainly sucked.................A tough loss but not the end of the world. Time to move on to the next one. 

Kyler Murray and the crew really gave us some fits in the 2nd half of the game a few weeks back and I'm interested in seeing the adjustments Saleh makes this time around. Our DL lost some depth with the loss of Blair and with likely missing Jones this game. So the Cardinals will only be more prone to running the uptempo offense against us. I feel like we blitz less to take away the screen game and force Murray to play a disciplined game. Drake gashed us last game and that can't this time around.

Offensively, I am not looking forward to another game without Sanders and Kittle, but that very well may be the case. Our bookends have another tough task against Arizona and have to play better than they did on Monday night. Heck, Staley may not even play if he elects to have surgery on his dislocated finger. But nonetheless, it is time to get our run game back on track. I know Breida is likely to be out, but I want to see more of Mostert who was running with a different type of urgency compared to the rest of the backs last game. He's just so damn explosive when he makes his cut and just looks like he glides through the holes. If Sanders doesn't go, the Cardinals may elect to put Peterson on Deebo so interested in seeing how the rook fares in that match up. Sanders destroyed Peterson a few weeks back, but now Peterson will have had a few games under his belt so he will probably be better. 

After Jimmy G had his best game of the season, he came back with his worst game of the season. It was disappointing to see how hesitant he was and how loose with the ball he was, but he needs to bounce back as he will have three consecutive top level tests after this week. And I expect him to bounce back with the offense making some adjustments by taking more vertical shots than we have all season long. The Cardinals corners play tight press coverage as they like to blitz a lot, so Jimmy will have his one on one match ups on the perimeter. Can we convert on those shots though?

I think we start out a bit slow offensively before picking it up in the 2nd quarter and especially the 2nd half and pull away from the Cardinals.

SF 30 AZ 13

• Like 1

I think the 49ers will have an easier time handling the Cardinals this time around. Last time, they didn't even practice. They held meetings and walkthroughs to prepare for a QB, HC, RB, and offense they've never seen before. Of course, they were going to look sloppy, they were reactionary all game. Despite that, they still won. 

• Like 2

I am expecting the Niners to come out and play a physical game after that loss and I think the offense will come out with a bit of a chip on their shoulder. Fully expect Kittle back, but Sanders may be better served on the bench considering the upcoming games with GB and BAL. Really hoping Shanny was holding back in that previous AZ game and not giving them too much to look at to set up this game.

Should be a good bounce back game for us to re-establish ourselves.

2 minutes ago, nayad said:

Breida, Kittle, Sanders, and Staley all trying to recover from injuries. Idono if this is the game to rush them back for. We need to plan for the playoffs. 

Winning this game is planning for the playoffs. If the 49ers lose this game, they HAVE to win at least 2 of the 3 games against the Packers, Ravens, and the Saints. Beating the Cardinals gives the 49ers a little more cushion for the three toughest games of the schedule.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Winning this game is planning for the playoffs. If the 49ers lose this game, they HAVE to win at least 2 of the 3 games against the Packers, Ravens, and the Saints. Beating the Cardinals gives the 49ers a little more cushion for the three toughest games of the schedule.

naah i'd rather lose this game and see how we respond moving forward...

LOL i'm joking of course winning is key but we can win without shooting up half the team with cortisone and risking thier long term health

Will be a tough game. Arizona is far more competitive than I thought they were going to be coming into the season. Another slightly short week and banged up to boot. I wouldn't be shocked if we lost, but I think we should win. Getting used to quarterbacks like Murray (facing he, wilson and Murray in three straight weeks) helps. actually getting some practices in this week should probably help too. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's kind of concerning to have that happen already given that he wasn't officially ruled out last week until really the last minute. 

After Shanny just said yesterday that Kittle is one guy he can't ever rule out or something to that extent lol.