Bears and Rams, 11/17, GDT

beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

I don't get why this always takes a quarter or two or three. I said that in one of the many QB threads. It's fine and great that sometimes Nagy and Mitch look this good but why do they go 15, 30, 45 and sometimes a full game looking like a$$?

And remember early last year they only looked good on the first scripted drives. After that there was nothing. Now it has to be until the third quarter for something to happen at least. 

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't understand that play. A 3 step drop and throw to Gabriel who's running back toward the LOS and it falls incomplete yet even if complete that's a gain of 0. Someone help me with that?

That sir is what I was talking about before. Nagy has some incredible calls and play the signs, but he has some that are just baffling. I think he wants to get Gabriel in space so he can use his speed but he does not seem to understand Gabriel cannot make people miss. No matter what Gabriel says he is only a deep theat receiver.

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

And remember early last year they only looked good on the first scripted drives. After that there was nothing. Now it has to be until the third quarter for something to happen at least. 

That sir is what I was talking about before. Nagy has some incredible calls and play the signs, but he has some that are just baffling. I think he wants to get Gabriel in space so he can use his speed but he does not seem to understand Gabriel cannot make people miss. No matter what Gabriel says he is only a deep theat receiver.

It would be virtually impossible for anyone to make that DB miss there though? It's a full speed comeback route to the LOS. That DB would undercut any WR with ease. It's a senseless playcall

Just now, beardown3231 said:

It would be virtually impossible for anyone to make that DB miss there though? It's a full speed comeback route to the LOS. That DB would undercut any WR with ease. It's a senseless playcall

It is, you're right. It is something that should have only been used for a very short one or two yards left for a first down. I think it is pretty much like I was talking about earlier though, with him being used in so many screens. Maybe he just ran this route too short and it was meant to get a few yards, I don't know.