Rookie watch thread!

resilient part 2

Interesting how drafting turns out, Late picks going becoming better players than lottery picks after a few seasons. Not saying it will happen but K Porter jr showing signs of shooting yesterday going 6 for 9 from 3. He already has a J Winslow type body toughness. Maybe more athletic. If he develops his shooting more he may be better than number 5 pick Darius Garland. Who I don't see ever reaching his potential while playing alongside another scoring PG in Sexton.

And has stated already Rui and Clarke already showing that they should;d have been picked higher. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

As I already said in the NBA game day thread, it hurts me that Boston had the chance to get him and he got a way to Philly

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have already screamed how much I think Boston/Ainge/Stevens whomever F*ed up not drafting B Clarke in 2 chances,  but the other player I wanted was Sekou. Now that he is finally playing looks extremely impressive. He has shown more already than Grant Williams all year long. I have no idea how Romeo Langford will turn out. Kid never plays. Hoping Ainge got a good one for him, but damn we could have had both Clarke and Sekou and ended up with neither. >:(

I will be looking back at this draft in a year or 2 for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

In my RV again and too lazy to look it up, BUT has there ever been co ROYs??? 

Zion is killin now and has the hype. Ja Morant is doing the same but longer and actually leading that joke of a franchise to the playoffs in the West? how do both not deserve a share?

Because Zion missed half the season and has only played 3 games.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

On what basis? They didn't give it to Embiid for a partial season so why would they give it to Zion? 

The NBA is entertainment, and Zion is the hype and product they will attempt to sell. including the writers who vote, better story etc,, Not saying Zion will deserve it. Plus Embiid, not much hype wasn't even considered a rookie by many.

41 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That Zion had one of the greatest half seasons of basketball in the history of the NBA or Ja Morant got hurt. 

Zion has a real chance. barring a set back. Not sure why you guys can't see it.