The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

Just now, wwhickok said:

By swinging as someone wearing a helmet and kicking him aimlessly with a helmet on?

Let's not pretend like what Pouncey did is even close to as bad as what Garrett did.

People keep saying Ruloph started it but that's not really true is it? Myles Garrett, like it or not, started everything with his unnecessary take down of Rudolph and his refusal to let Rudolph up. 

Pouncey will likely get suspended for his actions. But he reacted rhe exact what he should have. 

Disagree. 

Pouncey was trying to get as mucj in as he could.

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

No. 

They were of sinilar levels of stupid and violence. 

Not even close, Garret should have been arrested after this. If you went up to someone on the street and hit them in the head with an NFL helmet you could easily go down for attempted murder.

Your average helmet to helmet hit has more force than Pouncey's kick.

1 minute ago, lolsurebro said:

Oh get out! There is no way you can say what Pouncey did was worse than what Garrett did. Garrett could have killed someone while Pouncey was just whooping the guy that hit his QB in the head with his own helmet. I mean, to compare the two as if they are similar is ridiculous. But to go one step further and suggest Pouncey was worse is baffling IMO.

I'd say Garrett is out rest-of-season, minimum and Pouncey is out for 4.

I dont think garretts shot would of killed anyone. 

Rudolph had too much room to recoil the shot. Concuss yes. 

Garrett was reacting also. Over reacting. 

So was pouncey.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Not even close, Garret should have been arrested after this. If you went up to someone on the street and hit them in the head with an NFL helmet you could easily go down for attempted murder.

By law you are not allowed to pin a person down and stomp on  their head in New Zealand. Even if a reaction. Not sure about obio. Americans have funny laws.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Fowler was on the sidelines and is a pretty unbiased reporter covering the AFCN for years. Given the culture/climate that Kitchens has built, this is very believable.

I don't really expect you to believe me, but our sideline didn't even clear to participate in the fight while basically all 53 guys on Pittsburgh came running onto the field to participate.  After the dust settled from that debacle, and the stadium started playing music and players were dancing because Browns won a highly emotional game.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I dont think garretts shot would of killed anyone. 

Rudolph had too much room to recoil the shot. Concuss yes. 

Garrett was reacting also. Over reacting. 

So was pouncey.

It could have if Garrett his Rudolph with the crown of the helmet instead of the base. Now I dont think it would've killed him but I do think we'd be talking about how Rusolph was carted off the field

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

If you take the hit with the helmet in insolation then yes, maybe that would be correct. But there were things that happened right before that weren't there?

Just now, wwhickok said:

It could have if Garrett his Rudolph with the crown of the helmet instead of the base. Now I dont think it would've killed him but I do think we'd be talking about how Rusolph was carted off the field

At least our cart would work.

• Like 2