The random thoughts and questions thread

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this and I didn't feel like starting a new thread.  I'm going to be in Cleveland this weekend for the Browns/Bengals game, several questions:

• Where WE tailgating fellow Carps?
  • Where should my friends and I go to watch the Big 10 championship game on Saturday night?  We'll be staying downtown at the Renaissance hotel.  Looking for a good bar.
  • Any restaurant (steakhouses) recommendation? From initial google searching, Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse seems good.

I think you hillfolk would feel much more comfortable at any of our fine McDonald’s locations. 

@TheVillain112 can’t go wrong with Hyde Park if you’re looking for steak and don’t mind spending. There are good places all over the city but if you’re just doing the downtown thing that might be your best bet. 

Thurman’s is a great burger joint though small and famous so you may wait around for a bit. 

If you want steak and don’t mind a short drive, there are a handful of Cameron Mitchell restaurants that all have good steak. Milestone 229 is in a popular area downtown off the river which is cool, but you’re going to get a better steak at Hyde Park, J Alexander’s, or one of the Cameron Mitchell’s.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

@TheVillain112 can’t go wrong with Hyde Park if you’re looking for steak and don’t mind spending. There are good places all over the city but if you’re just doing the downtown thing that might be your best bet. 

Thurman’s is a great burger joint though small and famous so you may wait around for a bit. 

If you want steak and don’t mind a short drive, there are a handful of Cameron Mitchell restaurants that all have good steak. Milestone 229 is in a popular area downtown off the river which is cool, but you’re going to get a better steak at Hyde Park or one of the Cameron Mitchell’s.

I've narrowed it down to these four:

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Urban Farmer
The Black Pig
Ushabu

But I'll have to check out that Burger place.  Good to know about Milestone 229...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this and I didn't feel like starting a new thread.  I'm going to be in Cleveland this weekend for the Browns/Bengals game, several questions:

• Where WE tailgating fellow Carps?
  • Where should my friends and I go to watch the Big 10 championship game on Saturday night?  We'll be staying downtown at the Renaissance hotel.  Looking for a good bar.
  • Any restaurant (steakhouses) recommendation? From initial google searching, Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse seems good.

I can personally vouch for XO Prime Steakhouse. It’s a brilliant restaurant. It has personally fostered my truffle butter fetish. 

Anyway you’ll find Cleveland an excellent foodie city. Underrated for sure. If you just want to casually have a night out and try several places head to East 4th street, there are lots of awesome choices there. 

Anyways welcome to C-Town you’ll love it here. Bengal fans are ok here just don’t wear yinzer jerseys or claim to be a freaking crapmore fan and you’re good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I can personally vouch for XO Prime Steakhouse. It’s a brilliant restaurant. It has personally fostered my truffle butter fetish. 

Anyway you’ll find Cleveland an excellent foodie city. Underrated for sure. If you just want to casually have a night out and try several places head to East 4th street, there are lots of awesome choices there. 

Anyways welcome to C-Town you’ll love it here. Bengal fans are ok here just don’t wear yinzer jerseys or claim to be a freaking crapmore fan and you’re good. 

Me: Walking down the street

Random Guy: Bengals suck

Me: I know

XO Prime Steakhouse looks amazing, will definitely have to check for reservations...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Me: Walking down the street

Random Guy: Bengals suck

Me: I know

XO Prime Steakhouse looks amazing, will definitely have to check for reservations...

And that unfortunately is the perfect way to handle that. I’m picturing Cleveland fans response obviously taking it as an offense as “oh yeah well we suck worse than you, (toungue out zerberting everywhere)” Which unfortunately is accurate. We should have combined our teams years ago...sigh

Anyway whatever high end restaurant you go to remember to always try a high end spirit they have on hand. You’re spending the money anyway might as well try a high priced shot for $20-$40 bucks.