Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Honestly SGP’s are losing props.  I only take them when they are free or are the only way to access a player prop I can’t do solo.   

For example let’s say I like Rasheed prop to hit 75+ yards on DK.   But it’s only open as a SGP piece.   Then I’ll take the lowest possible NO team total at -600 and add that.   Even then there’s risk.  

SGP’s suck overall because you only need 1 leg to lose.   No matter the combo odds it’s never worth it.  Unless it’s free lol.  

Mind taking the time to tell me what you feel are the best bets to partake in?

Appreciate all this info. This is very new to me so I definitely have a lot of learning to do and am open to all advice. I apologize in advance for asking newb questions and being that guy from time to time lol. That goes for everyone reading this, not just you

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Mind taking the time to tell me what you feel are the best bets to partake in?

Appreciate all this info. This is very new to me so I definitely have a lot of learning to do and am open to all advice. I apologize in advance for asking newb questions and being that guy from time to time lol. That goes for everyone reading this, not just you

Follow the thread - regulars like me, @SmittyBacall@N4L & @adamq plus others post our picks.    It’s always your final call though - your $ your decision.    If you mean bet type it’s always single bets.   

I’d also point out there’s far greater value  in getting in earlier than now.   The only reason we’re posting now are for lines with positive movement or late releases due to injury issues (often the QB etc).   Most times waiting to 1 hr before Gametime you’re getting worse odds.   For example Dalvin Cook is now o75.5 instead of o70.5 rush yds.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Follow the thread - regulars like me, @SmittyBacall@N4L & @adamq plus others post our picks.    It’s always your final call though - your $ your decision.    If you mean bet type it’s always single bets.   

I’d also point out there’s far greater value  in getting in earlier than now.   The only reason we’re posting now are for lines with positive movement or late releases due to injury issues (often the QB etc).   Most times waiting to 1 hr before Gametime you’re getting worse odds.   For example Dalvin Cook is now o75.5 instead of o70.5 rush yds.  

Yeah I was handicapped this week due to Ohio literally legalizing it at midnight lol. 

And yes, the bet types is what I was referring to. I'll definitely keep that in mind for next week and the future. 

I'm sure I'll become a regular of this thread so I'll be following on a daily basis now that Ohio officially became fun

Appreciate the info!

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah I was handicapped this week due to Ohio literally legalizing it at midnight lol. 

And yes, the bet types is what I was referring to. I'll definitely keep that in mind for next week and the future. 

I'm sure I'll become a regular of this thread so I'll be following on a daily basis now that Ohio officially became fun

Appreciate the info!

Also next week is contract bonus week. Lots of players are close to hitting statistical bonuses in contracts so teams will feed them so they get paid. Best week for player props 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 7:55 AM, SmittyBacall said:

I need some input from the betting council. @Broncofan @adamq @N4L

I placed a sizeable preseason wager on the exact order of the AFCN. Bengals -> Ravens -> Steelers -> Browns at +2500. Right now the Bengals and Steelers both have a game in hand sitting at first and third, respectively.

Remaining schedules:

Bengals: BUF, BAL

Ravens: PIT, @CIN

Steelers: @BAL, CLE

Browns: @WAS, @PIT

The thing that sucks is that currently both tiebreakers between CLE/PIT and CIN/BAL go to CLE and ball BAL, so I need CIN and PIT to likely finish a game ahead. 

I’m pretty confident in Cinci handling business. Whether it’s winning the final two or just beating a hobbled Lamar at home. It’s the battle of Pittsburgh and Cleveland that worries me - though last nights game was huge. I like Washington to beat Cleveland next week, who frankly, look terrible with Watson. Pittsburgh likely loses at Baltimore next week. It’s coming down to the wire and has me nervous.

How do you see the rest of the season playing out, and if at any point you could, would you cash out if offered a certain percentage if the pot?

The Commanders starting Wentz is absolutely infuriating.

• Like 1

Got a lot of free bets to make with FanDuel since I signed up early. I'm guessing they'll treat it like real money so I'll be interested when you guys start saying it's the best time to make single bets. 

Just realized I had em which is good and I didn't burn it when the lines aren't the best