Just How Good Are The Colts?

Nozizaki

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wheres the old Colt thread from last month where everyone was saying they are an 11 win team and Jacoby is such a great QB?

I said they’d finish 9-7 and got called out by like everyone. They need a QB to compete, Jacoby is far from that guy. 

Don't jump on your high horse yet. The colts final five games are the Titans, Bucs, Saints, Panthers and Jaguars. They could potentially(And probably should) win four of those games which would give them 10 wins. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Don't jump on your high horse yet. The colts final five games are the Titans, Bucs, Saints, Panthers and Jaguars. They could potentially(And probably should) win four of those games which would give them 10 wins. 

They will lose to the Saints and at least one other game. My bets on the road against Jacksonville in the final week. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They will lose to the Saints and at least one other game. My bets on the road against Jacksonville in the final week. 

Your pick is the Jags? I would have given you the benefit of the doubt had you said the Panthers but....the Jags? This year? Anything can happen I guess. 

Edited by seriously27
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seriously27 said:

Your pick is the Jags? I would have given you the benefit of the doubt had you said the Panthers but....the Jags? This year? Anything can happen I guess. 

Do you know how difficult it is to sweep a team? And the Jags aren’t terrible, they are a decent team at home. 

5 hours ago, seriously27 said:

Anomalies are not the norm. Yes it definitely could happen, I just don't think it's likely. 

Nfl history is filled with much better defenses getting pasted in the postseason. There’s nothing special about the colts D and they have a limited offense 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Do you know how difficult it is to sweep a team? And the Jags aren’t terrible, they are a decent team at home. 

Well I'm a colts fan so.....

And the Jags have two wins at home....over the Titans and the Jets. So I'm not really sure where you are getting them being decent at home? 

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Nfl history is filled with much better defenses getting pasted in the postseason. There’s nothing special about the colts D and they have a limited offense 

I just want it to be clear I don't think their defense is special. I just think it is good enough to stop them from getting "destroyed" in the playoffs. I stated what their issues are this year and a first round exit if they make the playoffs is about where they are trending. 

Personally I don’t see Colts or Steelers having much of a shot in a wildcard game (which is either @KC or @HOU). I just do not think their QB situations and overall offenses can get past the opening round, although that Steeler D is sick. 

I do think the Bills and Raiders have a shot to win a wildcard game, albeit small. I’m probably a little bias as we all are, I just feel we have a much better QB situation, and much better running game, than both of those teams, and our young defense has come roaring to life lately. Also Grudens playoff experience. 

Bills have a Top 3-4 Defense, great coach, and are built for tough playoff football. I don’t trust their QB situation either but I like Allen a lot more than Jacoby or Rudolph. And I also think the Bills D is better than the Colts and Steelers D. 

The real team you need to question in the AFC south are the Titans. I always said they were a QB away from being a decent contender and with the subtraction of Mariota they should be on the cusp of getting in. Don't be surprised if they beat the brakes off the Colts next week and challenge the Texans with 2 games left down the stretch. 

Edited by Jaytrajik
  • Like 2