Ask yourself this one question, If Tom Brady had Jason Garrett as a HC, would he still be the GOAT???

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, SBLIII said:

That's basically proving everyone's point. You just listed players that are now 45+ years old and played 15 years ago. It has been that long since NE formed its last dominant unit.

So according to NE fans BB who is arguably one of the best defensive minds ever with a 19 year career with the Patriots. 6 time SB winner, 9 SB apperences over a dozen AFC championship appearances, going to it 7 years running now dating back to 2012 I think it was. Supposedly 13 to 15 of those years we are supposed to believe his defenses were about as solid as a pile of dog sh!t.

I'm on my phone right now so I cant look up the exact numbers but does that honestly sound right to anyone who isnt a NE fan? 

18 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm on my phone right now so I cant look up the exact numbers but does that honestly sound right to anyone who isnt a NE fan? 

That's right if maybe you only care about yardage or DVOA(maybe).  But points, takeaways, and in things that actually matter, their defenses are routinely above average at worst.  There's the occasional below average unit that redeems itself with absurd numbers of takeaways.  Or the group that doesn't get many takeaways, but gives up few points.  

What they think are horrible defenses fans of some other teams would kill for.  They've been somewhat void of talent at times, but that's why BB is the GOAT coach.  He's able to get something out of his players without needing them to be superstars.

Not taking anything away from Brady, this isn't a Brady bashing, but more a statement about how good of a coach BB is.

Edit:  I will say their offenses have been ranked higher than their defenses(points) for most years since 07, and it's true that side of the ball has been the better unit largely for the last decade, but the defenses have still been far from garbage.

Edited by Jlowe22
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Not 2005-on. More like 2007 to 2017. In that time, he had elite targets at or near their prime (Moss, Hernandez, Gronk) along with other good players like Welker and Brandin Cooks. Before 07, Brady never had a passer rating above 95. In their early SB winning years, his ratings were like Kurt Warner's one year with the Giants.

Passer rating is like CGI in movies, there's no point in comparing ten years ago to today. Passer rating is "good, for the time".

An example: At the end of the 2006 season Brady's career passer rating stood at 88.5.

That made him the 8th highest rated passer of all time, behind (in no order) Young, Montana, Peyton, Daunte Culpepper, Chad Pennington, Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers (those last two who had only played 2 years each). Ahead of guys like Marino, Elway, Favre, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman, Otto Graham and Johnny Unitas.

As of today, that rating would make him the 29th rated QB of all time, just ahead of Otto Graham, Alex Smith and Jameis Winston.

Dak Prescott is the 7th highest rated passer of all time, just ahead of Steve Young.

Of the top 30 highest rated passers in NFL history, 22 of them started their careers post-2004 and ONLY TWO played their entire career before the 2004 rule changes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Well I hope he starts with Jason Garrett.

As old and feeble as Jerry Jones is....I think he could take Garrett.   He should finish this bad business deal old school style.  Fists or knifes.  Jason's very wiry, so he'd get 10-15 open handed slaps in until Jerry finally clasps the death grips on his larynx and ends it in a quiet minute and a half struggle. 

Edited by ///mcompact
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ///mcompact said:

As old and feeble as Jerry Jones is....I think he could take Garrett.   He should finish this bad business deal old school style.  Fists or knifes.  Jason's very wiry, so he'd get 10-15 open handed slaps in until Jerry finally clasps the death grips on his larynx and ends it in a quiet minute and a half struggle. 

Even on this miserable Thanksgiving Day game, this made me LOL... sadly.. Crying or Very sad

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:37 PM, SBLIII said:

That's basically proving everyone's point. You just listed players that are now 45+ years old and played 15 years ago. It has been that long since NE formed its last dominant unit.

Unbelievable how Pat's fans are trying to discredit there own defense. The Patriots have had 2 defenses no in the top 10 in points allowed since 2003.  I don't care what stats you are using but there is nothing more important that points allowed.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, SBLIII said:

2014, 2016 and 2018 were all average or above average defenses. No SBs were won with bad defenses but also none with great defenses.

It was simply a matter of average defense and great offense equals success.

Are you serious, the Patriots are known for there defense and Coach B's ability to neutralized the other teams offensive weapons. You are seriously reaching.