Mahomes or Jackson

rocky_rams

Mahomes all day every day. Jackson operates well with the gimicky misdirection/option plays but if the run game isn't working, I don't see Jackson having much success. Mahomes on the other hand doesn't rely on a strong run game to excel. Defenses know Mahomes is passing and still can't stop him, not the case when Jackson is in obvious pass situations.

Edited by PatriotsWin!

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Mahomes’ kneecap was dislocated 6 weeks ago. He’s also been battling an ankle injury all season. Reports said he could play through the injury, which is what he’s doing. It’s not a guessing game to say he isn’t 100%. 

And it’s a little late to say “well nobody knows for sure” after this post:

The eye test doesn’t hold any water with lingering injuries.

Everyone is playing with lingering injuries. His actions show the last game he played, he wasnt in any type of discomfort. So you can go by your guessing or pressings, i will go by what we ALL saw. Mahomes running around the best he's run as a pro.

2 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Mahomes all day every day. Jackson operates well with the gimicky misdirection/option plays but if the run game isn't working, I don't see Jackson having much success. Mahomes on the other hand doesn't rely on a strong run game to excel. Defenses know Mahomes is passing and still can't stop him, not the case when Jackson is in obvious pass situations.

Except the part where defenses have stopped him. So there's that part. 

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Except the part where defenses have stopped him. So there's that part. 

Bro you just hate on Mahomes all day. Kid has been lighting it up unlike anyone in NFL history. 

I know it sucks that he’s in your division and he’s gonna dominate for the next 10-15 years but your hate is unwarranted at this point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Bro you just hate on Mahomes all day. Kid has been lighting it up unlike anyone in NFL history. 

I know it sucks that he’s in your division and he’s gonna dominate for the next 10-15 years but your hate is unwarranted at this point. 

Bro its not hate. Last 5.5 games he has 9 tds and 2 ints. In no world is that lighting it up. Im not worried about Mahomes, AT ALL. Did you see how he looked against my team. Moore a teacher off the streets had success in the same system.  Youre just caught up in the blind hyperbole that tends to happen.  Lets see by the end of the year how Mahomes looks and i bet most of you will still be on the hype train when the play and production doesnt warrant it.

13 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Bro its not hate. Last 5.5 games he has 9 tds and 2 ints. In no world is that lighting it up. Im not worried about Mahomes, AT ALL. Did you see how he looked against my team. Moore a teacher off the streets had success in the same system.  Youre just caught up in the blind hyperbole that tends to happen.  Lets see by the end of the year how Mahomes looks and i bet most of you will still be on the hype train when the play and production doesnt warrant it.

Lol

39 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

His actions show the last game he played, he wasnt in any type of discomfort.

LOL.

So you can go by your guessing or pressings, i will go by what we ALL saw. Mahomes running around the best he's run as a pro.

*Guy gets certifiably injured, plays through multiple leg injuries*

”Pretending to know how he feels is a guessing game...except for me, I CAN JUST TELL he has zero discomfort.” 

Riiiight...

• Like 1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

LOL.

”Pretending to know how he feels is a guessing game...except for me, I CAN JUST TELL he has zero discomfort.” 

Riiiight...

Bingo lol, he's 1 part bias, 1 part wishful thinking, all parts oblivious. 

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

LOL.

Riiiight...

Haha im not guessing, that is you. I'm using my eyes. Maybe you need to open yours. But hey that might be asking to much.

Make me a promise, tomorrow youll watch the games......... with your eyes open, deal?

28 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Haha im not guessing, that is you. I'm using my eyes. Maybe you need to open yours. But hey that might be asking to much.

Make me a promise, tomorrow youll watch the games......... with your eyes open, deal?

How can I trust your eyes, though? Are these the same eyes that said the Chargers had the best roster in the league, would go 14-2, win the AFCW by multiple games? The eyes that said Melvin Gordon is an elite running back and would lead the league in rushing if he played in 2019? Same ones that saw the Dolphins going 10-6 to win the AFCE? I don’t think your eyes are trustworthy, boss. I’ll stick to what the reports said regarding Mahomes’ health. You stick to them guns!

Fun fact: Mahomes, despite both missing games and being injured this season, is posting a better passer rating than a certain HOF division rival...ever has in his entire career for any full, or even close to full season. And I do recall a certain fan of said HOFer saying, and I quote, “the best most tangible indicator of a QBs performance is passer rating”. So maybe Mahomes, even in his injured state, still ought to be considered a high standard? He blows away a HOFer in the best, tangible indicator of performance after all. 

In fact: Mahomes’ injured campaign still leaves him top 5 in passer rating - which we’ve established is the best, most tangible indicator of a QB’s performance. 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

How can I trust your eyes, though? Are these the same eyes that said the Chargers had the best roster in the league, would go 14-2, win the AFCW by multiple games? The eyes that said Melvin Gordon is an elite running back and would lead the league in rushing if he played in 2019? Same ones that saw the Dolphins going 10-6 to win the AFCE? I don’t think your eyes are trustworthy, boss. I’ll stick to what the reports said regarding Mahomes’ health. You stick to them guns!

Fun fact: Mahomes, despite both missing games and being injured this season, is posting a better passer rating than a certain HOF division rival...ever has in his entire career for any full, or even close to full season. And I do recall a certain fan of said HOFer saying, and I quote, “the best most tangible indicator of a QBs performance is passer rating”. So maybe Mahomes, even in his injured state, still ought to be considered a high standard? He blows away a HOFer in the best, tangible indicator of performance after all. 

In fact: Mahomes’ injured campaign still leaves him top 5 in passer rating - which we’ve established is the best, most tangible indicator of a QB’s performance. 

Predictions arent the same as viewing something actually happen, what a horrible reach fam. But i get it, when desperate to make a point, some have to reach.

Mahomes passer rating in that system is not indicative of his real play. I mean when Moore, who hasn't started in years, comes fresh off the bench and in 2.5 games has 101 passer rating, tells how much that system can inflate even a tangible indicator like PR, in specific situations.

Which brings us back to where we started. I used my eyes to tell me a qb, who had his most rushing yds in any game of his career, in his most recent game; is in fact, NOT bothered by a leg injury. Maybe its his arm and shoulder injured fam, since he only threw for 180 yds.

Eyes matter, use em fam.  Then again you are the same guy who said Joey Bosa wasnt elite. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

Predictions arent the same as viewing something actually happen, what a horrible reach fam. But i get it, when desperate to make a point, some have to reach.

Your eyes viewed the same things everyone else saw and drew you to false conclusions. So fine, you’re right, it’s either your eyes or your conclusions that are faulty. Either way, hard to trust what you say you’re seeing. 

Mahomes passer rating in that system is not indicative of his real play. I mean when Moore, who hasn't started in years, comes fresh off the bench and in 2.5 games has 101 passer rating, tells how much that system can inflate even a tangible indicator like PR, in specific situations.

I’m not going to try to sell Andy Reid as something less than he is - he’s a great offensive mind, absolutely. And I’m sure you’re much more comfortable citing Matt Moore in his 2.5 games than you are citing Alex Smith, Michael Vick, Kevin Kolb, or Donovan McNabb in 15+ years worth of games (none of which come close to Mahomes in passer rating). But what’s the point of using passer rating (the best, most tangible indicator of performance) if you’re going to pick and choose who to dismiss it with? 

Surely a QB like, for instance, Phillip Rivers deserves some docked points for playing with an elite RB and best team in the league? So his 25th passer rating in the league ought to look even worse than it actually is? I’m guessing that won’t apply to him, though. 

”Passer rating is the best, most tangible indicator of QB performance.”

*Patrick Mahomes, injured, posts a better passer rating than Phillip Rivers could in his best seasons*

”Well it’s the system”

And if you’d turn around, you’ll see the goalposts have shifted to the rear of your seats, ladies and gentlemen.....

Which brings us back to where we started. I used my eyes to tell me a qb, who had his most rushing yds in any game of his career, in his most recent game; is in fact, NOT bothered by a leg injury. Maybe its his arm and shoulder injured fam, since he only threw for 180 yds.

Yeah, I’m sure he just happened to decline in play once he hurt his ankle...you’re actually trying to say a guy who is injured (he said so, doctors said so, reports said so), in fact isn’t...because you saw him run. I’ll refer you to the beginning: Logan Mankins. Terrell Owens. Hunter Renfrow. Dont’a Hightower (wasn’t referenced before, but he played the SB against Seattle with a torn labrum). 

Even if I were to trust your eyes and ignore your bias (I don’t), it still doesn’t mean jack. Players playing through an injury, even though at times they may seem alright, does not mean they 100% not in any discomfort. 

Eyes matter, use em fam.  Then again you are the same guy who said Joey Bosa wasnt elite. 

You should use your eyes to read up on Mahomes’ ankle and knee. 

And yeah, he wasn’t when we had that talk. Von/Mack>Bosa, at that time. Still sort of don’t think he is. Doesn’t finish the play often enough. 

Edited by Yin-Yang