Mahomes or Jackson

rocky_rams

15 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

Tyreek Hill missed the game very true but so did half the current Ravens defensive starters be it due to injury (Jimmy Smith) or not yet Being on the team (Marcus Peters, Josh Bynes etc,) now I give credit where credit is due but let’s not pretend Lamar and this Ravens squad hasn’t improved immensely since that game... Either way it looks like a good probability we will be seeing y’all soon... This time at the Bank for all the AFC Marbles

Earl Thomas said Mahomes wouldn't get big plays on him that game then he got cooked by our rookie WR Hardman. Peters is Mahomes personal chew toy anytime they match up now, he's basically a negative. Mahomes even healthier now too. Lamar 0-2 against the Chiefs and 0-1 in a disastrous playoff showing. I'm not worried about the Ravens. Earl predicted a super bowl bid too. They've been talking to much for a team that KC already has the mental advantage against. Our defense is a lot better now too.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd take Mahomes, and I think more people will be agreeing with me when he leads the Chiefs to a win over the Ravens in the playoffs this year.  ;)

Mahomes is on a mission this year. Him flying under the radar this year is not good for opponents, at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Earl Thomas said Mahomes wouldn't get big plays on him that game then he got cooked by our rookie WR Hardman. Peters is Mahomes personal chew toy anytime they match up now, he's basically a negative. Mahomes even healthier now too. Lamar 0-2 against the Chiefs and 0-1 in a disastrous playoff showing. I'm not worried about the Ravens. Earl predicted a super bowl bid too. They've been talking to much for a team that KC already has the mental advantage against. Our defense is a lot better now too.

Good thing u don’t actually have to play in the game... y’all defense look better against trash offenses lol... y’all ain’t played nobody... but it’s cool this one won’t be in arrowhead... be careful what u wish for my boy 

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Lol

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

you are not worried about a probable 14-2 team who has the best offense in football?

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

you are not worried about a probable 14-2 team who has the best offense in football?

Nope. Playoffs are a different animal. Defensive players stop protecting their bodies as much and those running lanes collapse. Ravens have no WR's. I don't see any threat to us in the AFC. And our defense now is miles better than it was when we smoked the Ravens without Tyreek.

36 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Nope. Playoffs are a different animal. Defensive players stop protecting their bodies as much and those running lanes collapse. Ravens have no WR's. I don't see any threat to us in the AFC. And our defense now is miles better than it was when we smoked the Ravens without Tyreek.

You are in for a rude awakening then.

22 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

You are in for a rude awakening then.

I really, really doubt it. Last year everyone and their mama said if the Chiefs just get a league average defense they're a lock. The way I see it we're the safest bet in years. A running QB never won the super bowl. I'm not getting hypnotized by the Ravens hype, much of which comes from their own players talking. If you're a Patriots fan you know thats not the model for winning a championship. I've seen the Chiefs manhandle their squad twice now, with Lamar Jackson. They got bums for WR's. Lamar is fast, but Tyreek is faster, and Mahomes throws darts. Chiefs players aren't running their mouths adding pressure to their QB, who actually has balled out in the playoffs. The no talent Dolphins went 11-5 running a wildcat offense. I wasn't scared of them either. The playoffs are a different animal. Last season Lamar was setting the league on fire, then the playoffs showed up and he couldn't hit the backside of barn.

Lamar going to be told in 4 weeks "good job on the season bro, you got nothing to be ashamed of" by his cheerleading teammates while they go fishing, and Mahomes is going to own the off season as a champion. He won the MVP in his first playing season, he's got other rivers to cross now.

Edited by Kirill

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

The issue with Lamar is that I think Mahomes succeeds in any number of places; Jackson succeeds in places with smart coaches who know how to use him best but I'm not quite sure his throwing is where Mahomes is yet. 

You do know Mahomes is playing for offensive genius Andy Reid who had Alex Smith looking like an MVP candidate as well?

I think its the opposite.  I think Lamar is the one who can succeed anywhere while Mahomes is the one who needs the right coach.  Lamar's M.O. is his athleticism.  That isn't going anywhere regardless of who he plays for.  Its also going to make the guys around him better.  Pocket passers like Mahomes are the ones who are dependant on the skill position players around them while runnning QBs like Lamar aren't.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

You do know Mahomes is playing for offensive genius Andy Reid who had Alex Smith looking like an MVP candidate as well?

I think its the opposite.  I think Lamar is the one who can succeed anywhere while Mahomes is the one who needs the right coach.  Lamar's M.O. is his athleticism.  That isn't going anywhere regardless of who he plays for.  Its also going to make the guys around him better.  Pocket passers like Mahomes are the ones who are dependant on the skill position players around them while runnning QBs like Lamar aren't.

Disagree. Mahomes can make any throw and more offenses across the league are more in line with his skillset. Harbaugh has the offense tailored for Lamar's skillset. I don't see Lamar being turned into a pure pocket passer that you could plug and play just anywhere.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

And youre also a homer. Lamar has thoroughly outplayed Mahomes this year, PASSING. Running, its not even close.

Lamar is the most dynamic QB we've ever seen, Mahomes is not. 

Hahahahahahahahaha you calling anybody a "Homer" is hilarious!

"Chargers are the most talented team in NFL history!"

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

Andy Reid has shown fans of the league time and time again just how much of a different animal the playoffs are...

I think not worrying about the Ravens is greatly underselling Harbaugh’s experience and talent as a winning playoff coach, as Andy Reid has in the past been pretty unspectacular in crunch time and known to have already played his best cards in the reg.. 

Also, this matchup is likely only in an AFC championship if my understanding of the playoff bracket is correct, and the only coach I trust to go into foxborough in January and win is the aforementioned Ravens’ coach. Regardless, NFL fans are in for a treat from the AFC matchups in this play off. 

As far as Lamar vs. Mahomes it entirely depends on the rest of my squad and the build of my team. One (Jackson) plays keep away, safe, ball control offense that breaks the heart of the opposing team. The other (Mahomes) is a threat for a big play at any time, in a hot shot air raid attack. I think it’s a pick your poison at this point in the season based on the other 52 men on your squad, but anyone saying one or the other will be better in ten years has a crystal ball that I’d like to borrow.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1