Jeudy Jeudy Jeudy Jeudy rockin everywhere!

LoganF89

9 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Okudah is a player that not many of us have really been talking about, when we cut Norman we will need a number 1 CB and it’s possible a trade back could land us Okudah or Delpit if we decide to pass on WR and LT if we don’t have a shot at young. This draft will def be an interesting one. We also have to factor in a TE somewhere in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds

WR, CB, FS, LT, and TE are our biggest needs right now. I pass on them all for Chase Young but it will def be an interesting off season and Haskins needs weapons so who knows what will happen

Dunny is one of the best-rated corners in the NFL. Not saying we couldn't use Okudah but people sell Dunny short and what he's developed into the last two years. If Fabs Moreau continues to prove his worth on the outside the final 5 games as he did last week vs Detroit, I don't think it's as huge of a need as you may think. 

That being said, if Okudah is BPA you take him but I don't have him rated above Jeudy, Thomas & Delpit.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

A center field FS is what this team has needed since sean

Yeah, I just don't know how they can rely on Nicholson anymore to be the answer there and Apke showed a few flashes this year but if he was any better than Nicholson you'd think he already have taken away that FS job.

Edited by turtle28

18 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

So if we pass on Jeudy do you take Thomas top 5 or would you trade back and grab another LT and more picks? I’m hesitant on Thomas and really the only reason I am is bc the last LT that came out of Georgia in round 1 got a lot of hype but seems to be a busy for the PATS

Isaiah Wynn is a good talent, but he's been hurt.  You can use the argument that he;s injury prone and I won't really argue it, but he started just about all of Georgia's games, even as a true freshman.  In the NFL, last year was lost to Wynn due to an Achilles injury.  He then had a toe injury that he's returned from and started.  Wynn has also been projected more as a guard due to some size limitations, as well as his build and mobility, but he can play LT just fine.  A handful of games is really hard to determine bust or not.  

• Like 2

Also, if you want a true NFL talent on your offensive line, Georgia is the team to give that to you.  And yes, I am biased as a fan, but our offensive line coach Sam Pittman is one of the most well-respected coaches in the business.  Many schools are not teaching NFL techniques right now, and therefore require a learning curve when they come up to the league to get them ready to play at the next level.  That is not the case with guys coming out of Georgia right now.  Andrew Thomas is likely going to be the next Trent Williams for any team and he will start day one.  

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 8:38 PM, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I just don't know how they can rely on Nicholson anymore to be the answer there and Apke showed a few flashes this year but if he was any better than Nicholson you'd think he already have taken away that FS job.

That’s a reason why if the cards fell that we missed on young I wouldn’t mind a trade back to acquire more picks while taking Delpit.

dont get me wrong I really love Jeudy and want weapons for Haskins but like we have all said and know, this is a deep WR class, their will be good talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

IMO the thing that will be interesting about this draft is if we address LT in free agency and young is gone where do we go from there, in my mind it’s jeudy or trade back

we will most likely trade Trent and get a 2nd so if we traded back and added another 2nd and maybe two first from Miami then we could completely upgrade this team with good talent

On 11/27/2019 at 8:30 PM, LoganF89 said:

Okudah is a player that not many of us have really been talking about, when we cut Norman we will need a number 1 CB and it’s possible a trade back could land us Okudah or Delpit if we decide to pass on WR and LT if we don’t have a shot at young. This draft will def be an interesting one. We also have to factor in a TE somewhere in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds

WR, CB, FS, LT, and TE are our biggest needs right now. I pass on them all for Chase Young but it will def be an interesting off season and Haskins needs weapons so who knows what will happen

We have a number 1 corner already. Hell, he’s basically been the best corner in football this year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He hasn’t been covering #1 WRs though.

Blahahah yes he has! They play sides of the field. And per usual, someones always got to find a way to shoot down someone like Dunny by coming up something like that. We don’t deserve nice things! Can’t we just accept that we have one of the highest rated corners in the NFL? And be happy that taking a corner for need is not something we have to do.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We have a number 1 corner already. Hell, he’s basically been the best corner in football this year. 

I’m not downing dunnys season at all but you need more than 1 CB I want to see Fabian on the outside opposite of him the rest of the year to see if he can be a starter. He wasn’t fit for the slot job. I see jimmy taking the slot for the future

31 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m not downing dunnys season at all but you need more than 1 CB I want to see Fabian on the outside opposite of him the rest of the year to see if he can be a starter. He wasn’t fit for the slot job. I see jimmy taking the slot for the future

I see them re-signing Kendall Fuller for the slot job this offseason. What better way to (somewhat) flip the narrative on the Smith trade than to get Fuller back and have him playing for us? He’ll still only be 25, and he really is a quality slot corner. If Moreau could emerge as a decent starting outside CB, that might be the only major move we need to make at that position, which would be ideal. I hate drafting CBs highly for some reason, not really sure why (other than it’s kind of a total crapshoot). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I see them re-signing Kendall Fuller for the slot job this offseason. What better way to (somewhat) flip the narrative on the Smith trade than to get Fuller back and have him playing for us? He’ll still only be 25, and he really is a quality slot corner. If Moreau could emerge as a decent starting outside CB, that might be the only major move we need to make at that position, which would be ideal. I hate drafting CBs highly for some reason, not really sure why (other than it’s kind of a total crapshoot). 

That would be awesome! I think Okudah is an elite corner prospect but I agree I’d much rather see Fuller re-signed to be our slot corner and Moreau to continue his strong play - like he had last week - the final month. That way the front office will not feel the need to draft a corner high or splurge on a top corner in FA to replace Norman.

Edited by turtle28

56 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I love the idea, but there is no way the front office would admit the disaster of the Alex Smith contract by resigning Fuller to what would have to be a high priced deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

I love the idea, but there is no way the front office would admit the disaster of the Alex Smith contract by resigning Fuller to what would have to be a high priced deal.

Well, first of all, I don’t think it would be that high-priced a deal. I think the only people who still consider Kendall Fuller a really hot commodity at this point are Redskins fans and PFF analysts with long memories. He’s been hurt for much of this season, and he got roasted on the outside early on in KC before they moved him back home to the slot for most of his snaps. I do think he’s a really good slot CB — and maybe he could still be a good starter on the outside, he just hasn’t ever really shown it yet — but good slot CBs are mostly topping out in the 3/$30M or 4/$36M range as far as FA deals go. 

Secondly, I don’t think signing him in FA is any kind of admission that the deal was a disaster. If anything, I think it makes the deal look better — it highlights the fact that they only gave up two years of control over Fuller. If he’s already back playing for us, on an FA similar in size to any extension we would have had to give him, how much did it really hurt us to include him in the deal?

I think that’s how they would see it. And frankly, that’s kinda how I’ve always seen it as well. It sounds horrible when you say “they gave up a 23-year-old CB,” because at that age it sounds like he could easily be around for 10+ years, but the reality is that he was already only two years away from FA. So it wasn’t as devastating an inclusion as it seems on the surface. Still a horrible deal, based on the contract they gave Smith and how it all turned out — but for me at least, the sting from Fuller being included would be seriously lessened if we got him back on the roster within 2 years of the trade. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

Well, first of all, I don’t think it would be that high-priced a deal. I think the only people who still consider Kendall Fuller a really hot commodity at this point are Redskins fans and PFF analysts with long memories. He’s been hurt for much of this season, and he got roasted on the outside early on in KC before they moved him back home to the slot for most of his snaps. I do think he’s a really good slot CB — and maybe he could still be a good starter on the outside, he just hasn’t ever really shown it yet — but good slot CBs are mostly topping out in the 3/$30M or 4/$36M range as far as FA deals go. 

Secondly, I don’t think signing him in FA is any kind of admission that the deal was a disaster. If anything, I think it makes the deal look better — it highlights the fact that they only gave up two years of control over Fuller. If he’s already back playing for us, on an FA similar in size to any extension we would have had to give him, how much did it really hurt us to include him in the deal?

I think that’s how they would see it. And frankly, that’s kinda how I’ve always seen it as well. It sounds horrible when you say “they gave up a 23-year-old CB,” because at that age it sounds like he could easily be around for 10+ years, but the reality is that he was already only two years away from FA. So it wasn’t as devastating an inclusion as it seems on the surface. Still a horrible deal, based on the contract they gave Smith and how it all turned out — but for me at least, the sting from Fuller being included would be seriously lessened if we got him back on the roster within 2 years of the trade. 

Maybe.  I wouldn't have a problem with the money either way, but I just don't think it happens if Bruce is still here.  And if Bruce is gone, I am not sure who here is really connected to Fuller anyways?  The coaching staff has turned over.  Maybe a scout is, but he is no longer associated with the college scouting group since he is 4 years a pro now.

Kendall Fuller to me is a dangerous lesson we keep seeming to follow.  We take presumably outside corner guys and try and put them inside to see if it takes.  We have done this with Moreau, Moreland, etc and rarely does it work out.  I think it might even hurt their development.  It did work out for fuller. 

Anyways, I expect that defensive coaching staff at the chiefs to stay and if he is reasonably priced, I can't imagine why they wouldn't keep him and why he wouldn't want to stay with a team who is actually winning.  So the only way he comes back to this cesspool is big money.

13 hours ago, offbyone said:

Maybe.  I wouldn't have a problem with the money either way, but I just don't think it happens if Bruce is still here.  And if Bruce is gone, I am not sure who here is really connected to Fuller anyways?  The coaching staff has turned over.  Maybe a scout is, but he is no longer associated with the college scouting group since he is 4 years a pro now.

Kendall Fuller to me is a dangerous lesson we keep seeming to follow.  We take presumably outside corner guys and try and put them inside to see if it takes.  We have done this with Moreau, Moreland, etc and rarely does it work out.  I think it might even hurt their development.  It did work out for fuller. 

Anyways, I expect that defensive coaching staff at the chiefs to stay and if he is reasonably priced, I can't imagine why they wouldn't keep him and why he wouldn't want to stay with a team who is actually winning.  So the only way he comes back to this cesspool is big money.

Doug Williams, Kyle Smith and Tim Grimble are still here. Likely will be retained even if Brice is fired.