Bruce Allen's Future ACTUALLY in Doubt

TOUCAN

On 12/1/2019 at 12:52 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Well, and then he lost power on the business side and then got it back.  So it works both ways.  If Bruce didn't send out Cooley as the bag man, maybe GMSM would still be here.  We will never know.  

I still disagree that he did that. I was listening to the show that day and it wasn't Cooley bringing it up out of thin air. Remember, that the show was not an official team show. His criticisms were no different than Czabe's.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I still disagree that he did that. I was listening to the show that day and it wasn't Cooley bringing it up out of thin air. Remember, that the show was not an official team show. His criticisms were no different than Czabe's.

Dude, Sheehan, who absolutely despises Bruce said they had to fire McCloughan. That faculty members and front office people knew he was drunk on the job. The guy lost his case against the team for Christ sakes. 

I wanted Scot to succeed as much as any other fan. I defended him his entire tenure here but his drafts and free agent pick ups were absolutely horrible. I loved the energy and the toughness he was bringing to the team but his moves were not working. 

Cooley isn’t a mouthpiece for the team. The one you need to listen to is Joe Theisman. He and Dan are buddy’s. He’s very close to the organization. For him to throw Luis Riddicks name out there means something. I wouldn’t be shocked if Dan is having him do it to gauge fan reaction. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Dude, Sheehan, who absolutely despises Bruce said they had to fire McCloughan. That faculty members and front office people knew he was drunk on the job. The guy lost his case against the team for Christ sakes. 

I wanted Scot to succeed as much as any other fan. I defended him his entire tenure here but his drafts and free agent pick ups were absolutely horrible. I loved the energy and the toughness he was bringing to the team but his moves were not working. 

Cooley isn’t a mouthpiece for the team. The one you need to listen to is Joe Theisman. He and Dan are buddy’s. He’s very close to the organization. For him to throw Luis Riddicks name out there means something. I wouldn’t be shocked if Dan is having him do it to gauge fan reaction. 

Yeah. I agree with everything. I was just pointing out that I was listening to the whole show that day and it was a shocker that Scot wasn't at the combine. There was no reason why a GM should be missing that. And a caller asked both of them why Scot might miss it. Cooley gave quite a few answers to the question as reasons why he might be missing one of the singular most important events as a GM. Only one was that he had fallen off the wagon (which he had done at previous stints in the NFL). It didn't strike me as him being a hatchet man. Just opining like one of us would. Because when I heard that Scot wasn't there, my FIRST thought was that he was on a drunken bender. And I know I'm not a mouthpiece either.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t know if you seen this but take a look. Good video with Louis Riddick loving Haskins. This video is before the season, Riddick talking about O’Connell and Snyder. 

Lavar, maybe you’re right about Riddick. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I want Riddick, but I’m still fine with hiring Kyle Smith as GM after we (hopefully) can Bruce. He’s a bright young mind with a pretty good track record over the past few years. My only hesitance is how close the Smith family is to Bruce. 

I like Kyle Smith as well but have the same reservations that you do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And that's fine.  I personally believe he was put up to it, because the FO knows that Cooley is still a fan favorite and the news would be receptive and believable at that point.  

That's what decades of incompetence will do.  

On 12/2/2019 at 10:53 AM, mike23md said:

If we keep winning, that means that Bruce is still relevant. Until it happens, this team will always be a Snyder crap show.  

Winning even two of the last four would give Bruce the argument that Haskins has a 4-4 record as a starter, and might be enough for him to last another year.  

• Like 1