Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

5 hours ago, adamq said:

Yep.. they committed a ton of money to Darnold already. It would be foolish to add Jimmy's 25M

I've tried several times to come up with a move that involves taking Darnold back in a trade for Jimmy, but I don't know how to structure the contract that would be acceptable to Darnold to sign for another year at a back up rate. It'd have to be like a 4 year deal that ostensibly has an out after 2 years for Darnold, I guess. 

So like, convert 15 million of his 19 million owed this year to signing bonus. that would give him a cap hit this year of a little less than 8. Give him a base next year 5M to be back up would give him a cap hit of a little over 8. These are both reasonable cap hits for a back up QB. Then he walks if you can't keep him on in year three and you take on about 7.5M in dead money in year 3. 

But Darnold would have to be open to that and I'm not sure that there is a reason to. That basically only gives him like 5 million in new money 

• Like 1

Sucks that he stays in the conference but at least its one domino down.

Haven't looked at the details. Wonder if the backend years are void or real 

Now, what happens with Love? 

Watson case might take a while.

So, next domino down is Wilson?  There was that trade report leaked that the Commanders had a "strong" offer to Seattle of multiple 1st round picks. Florio noted that Pete Carroll didn't completely slam the door shut on a trade for him. Florio also noted that the Seahawks may have leaked that report to get teams to up their offers (maybe Commanders offered two 1st's & the Seahawks want three)

Sucks even more for the Broncos. They should make a huge offer for Wilson. 

Edited by 49ersfan

58 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Imagine the Seahawks re-sign Wilson & Watson's case remains unresolved

With a weak rookie class, Jimmy G may legitimately be the best QB available

Too bad he is having that shoulder surgery. I'm just ready for him to move on for good and just want any sort of pick. 

• Like 2

Blockbuster: After weeks of negotiations, in one of the largest trades in NFL history, the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos have agreed to terms for a deal involving Super-Bowl winning QB Russell Wilson, sources tell ESPN.
The trade is pending a physical and Wilson’s approval.

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:
Blockbuster: After weeks of negotiations, in one of the largest trades in NFL history, the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos have agreed to terms for a deal involving Super-Bowl winning QB Russell Wilson, sources tell ESPN.
The trade is pending a physical and Wilson’s approval.

YES!!!!!!! GET HIM OUT OF THE NFC WEST!!!!

Ps, this was the absolute correct decision for the Seahawks. Roster talent is the worst in the division and they can't contend with this team. The Adams trade was a disaster.

Come on Washington, come get Jimmy from us!! Promise it will cost a lot less than what Wilson just cost LOL.