Ravens extend FB Pat Ricard (2 years, $7.3M)

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

its not an argument though, juice is better in everyway except on defense lol xD

(lets not argue semantics either, you could argue the world is flat. youd be wrong, but you could argue that if you really wanted to)

He thinks his full back is better than CJ Ham and Kyle Juiiuoiuoiuzke

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, N4L said:

its not an argument though, juice is better in everyway except on defense lol xD

(lets not argue semantics either, you could argue the world is flat. youd be wrong, but you could argue that if you really wanted to)

Meh. I'd say that Patrick Ricard, James Develin, and Patrick DiMarco all are better run blockers than Juice. They create more push. Juice is an above-average run blocker for a fullback who is generally one of the best at pass pro, with TE receiving ability and decent production as a ball-carrier. Rich man's Anthony Sherman. Whereas Ricard is more of a rich man's Dontari Poe. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why do you keep trying to force CJ Ham into this? Stop it. 

Also, Ricard is a better pure blocker than Juice, but Juice's athleticism give him the edge over any other FB in the league.

CJ Ham laughs at your full back ignorance

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you can provide me statistical evidence that CJ Ham is a superior fullback in terms of blocking than Ricard, I'm all ears.

Wait, CJ Ham? The same guy who fumbled that kick return the other night, essentially ending the game?

What's that have to do with playing fullback? I don't know, but just wanted to put it out there. :D

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wait, CJ Ham? The same guy who fumbled that kick return the other night, essentially ending the game?

What's that have to do with playing fullback? I don't know, but just wanted to put it out there. :D

One guy is an elite blocker in addition to being a serviceable rotation piece on the DL.

The other guy fumbles the first kickoff he fields.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you can provide me statistical evidence that CJ Ham is a superior fullback in terms of blocking than Ricard, I'm all ears.

One guy blocks for one of the best backs in the NFL and catches 36 yard passes against the Seahawks. Picard drops passes and blocks for a back not even in the top 10.

On 12/5/2019 at 3:03 PM, N4L said:

No. He’s not. He’s not a better blocker than Ricard, not in the slightest. Juszczyk played on this team as well, I know his game well. In the history of Ravens FBs he wouldn’t even crack the top 3:

1. Vonta Leach: A+ blocker, C+ receiving, C+ rushing

2. Pat Ricard: A+ blocking, B receiving, n/a rushing, C defense

2. LeRon McClain: B+ blocking, C+ receiving, A- rushing

4. Kyle Juszczyk: B+ blocking, A- receiving, C rushing

Leach had the better collisions, but Ricard consistently abuses defenders as well, pushing them back 5-10 yds and removing them from the play. McClain got cute once he became a runner and didn’t want to block as much or as physically as he did to start, but his peak was very high and if not for Leach being signed he would’ve been a huge loss. Losing Juszczyk wasn’t too big of a loss for the offense. He’s a very good player, but his impact isn’t as pronounced as the other guys as they were better blockers in short yardage situations due to their size and power, whereas Juice had to rely on technique and angles. Not being in the Ravens FB too 3 is no slight to Juice as we’ve had some other really good FBs that he’s ahead of such as Ovie Mughelli and Sam Gash. But he’s for sure behind Ricard, who is a much more dominating presence. He’s putting together what should be an All Pro level season as a FB IMO. Juice was/is a PB talent at the position, but not an All Pro talent.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:44 PM, TENINCH said:

One guy blocks for one of the best backs in the NFL and catches 36 yard passes against the Seahawks. Picard drops passes and blocks for a back not even in the top 10.

Bro wtf are you talking about? CJ Ham has a 72.5% catch rate while Ricard is at 92.3%, Ham in 2019 has caught 11 passes to Ricard’s 8 recs. Ricard has 3 career receiving TDs while Ham has 1 career receiving TD (2 total). 

So not only is your take about Ricard being the inferior FB false, but your take that Ham is somehow the far superior receiver is definitely not accurate. Better? Sure, Ricard isn’t a route running/iso threat. So even with his great hands, I’ll give Ham the title as a “better” receiver... but the blocking differential is not close.

Edit: Your last point is also incorrect. Lamar Jackson is top 10 in the NFL in rushing yards. Our other runner Ingram is 12th in rushing yards. Both runners are also top 10 in rushing TDs. Ham doesn’t have such a resume of productive backs that he blocks for let alone his rushing attack that he assists being on pace to have the most rushing yards in NFL history. Let’s be real. The only other FB in the “conversation” is Juszczyk and that’s more because of his name and status around the league and not because he’s actually as good or dominant a FB as Ricard.

If the offense is at 4th and goal and needing 3 yards to win the game, there’s no FB I’m taking in this league over Ricard. He has the ability to deliver the crucial hands in the clutch situation as well as obliterate and open a hole for anyone running behind him. He’s an All Pro player, we’ll just have to see if the AP voters have caught on to just how good he is when it comes to that.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2