TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

51 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

What!? Why!

Spoke with a mentor/friend of mine, and she pointed out to me that this puppy would have the same lineage of a dog (Bruno) that belonged to the guy I work for last year, who died at 6 years of age due to mesenteric torsion. Now there's no conclusive proof it's genetic, but the males out of this stud's grandsire tend to be aggressive, some are skittish some are aggressive.

It's possible that this pup would have been completely fine, sound, no health or aggression issues...but, I didn't want to take the risk. I loved Bruno even though he wasn't mine and I only was around him for a month and a half. I couldn't go through that again. 

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea and this one apparently loves to play. Gonna pick her up today. She's just under 2 years. 

That's awesome. My girlfriend and I lost our beagle of 13 years last October 2016. 2 months later we rescued another beagle from Penny Angels Beagle Rescue. She was 1 1/2 years old. Crazy as all he!! but we love her. The point is, rescue is a great way to go. There are so many dogs and cats out there that need a home. Kuddos to you and good luck with the dog!

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

That's awesome. My girlfriend and I lost our beagle of 13 years last October 2016. 2 months later we rescued another beagle from Penny Angels Beagle Rescue. She was 1 1/2 years old. Crazy as all he!! but we love her. The point is, rescue is a great way to go. There are so many dogs and cats out there that need a home. Kuddos to you and good luck with the dog!

Thank you. Alway s wanted a St.Bernard but was actually looking for a Chow. Had a puppy when I was like 8 but he died from some disease. But found this one and the price wasn't like 1800 dollars or something. 

On 13/01/2018 at 11:09 AM, WizardHawk said:

RIP, Keith Jackson.  

The voice of college football for my generation.  I can't think of the right tribute but Keith Jackson just invited you in and made you feel like you were there.  Boy could he turn a phrase.

Archived