Derek Stingley Jr. (LSU) is the best CB prospect regardless of class...

VanS

No, he isn't but he is really, really good,he is susceptible to double moves and things associated with being a Freshman. That being said, I cant remember of better Freshman season this good from a CB, maybe Dre Bly, but Stingley is twice the player he is, by his Junior year, he will be talked about along the best CB prospects ever.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

by his Junior year, he will be talked about along the best CB prospects ever.

I think we'll be talking about Stingley as one of the best CB prospects ever by the end of next year.  Players typically make their biggest jump from Year 1 to Year 2.  I expect a huge season from him next year.  He should be one of the faces of college football. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Stingley is amazing, but Mykael Wright is also a name to remember.

Wright?  More proof of some what misleading stats by the one and only PFF.  Wright was not even a starter correct?  And not only has to compete against Lenoir and Graham this year and next for playing time, those two are the actual starting corners, but also some stud safeties who have great versatility in Holland, Breeze and maybe even Pickett.  Key word minimum 20 targets 150 snaps, he is lucky to even have 150 snaps honestly.

Elam is a possible stud on Florida, Mullen is arguably right behind Stingley in terms of elite level talent and is an awesome tackler, and Gardner has great length and ball skills.  Wright sure is one to watch but no way on earth is he the best cover corner just because a stupid stat like this says so.