Josh Gordon Suspended Indefinitely

AFlaccoSeagulls

He was having a tough time with injuries early on in the season.  Everyone jumping on substance abuse but I'm willing to bet he took some stuff like EPO to speed up/accelerate recovery or help compensate.  And probably marijuana.  

Not an excuse but my money is on nothing "malicious" here (aka hard drugs).  

59 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Addiction is a terrible thing. Everyone has addictions and his has ruined his NFL career. 

Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

I don’t see how this is possible. Multiple rich organizations gave him all they could and it did nothing. How do I know they gave him all they could?  Because a non-addicted, non-suspended Josh Gordon would make those organizations a LOT of money. And this guy could give a damn. Addiction is sad, but this guy is a loser. 

Just now, DaveDX said:

I don’t see how this is possible. Multiple rich organizations gave him all they could and it did nothing. How do I know they gave him all they could?  Because a non-addicted, non-suspended Josh Gordon would make those organizations a LOT of money. And this guy could give a damn. Addiction is sad, but this guy is a loser. 

And this wasn't just any "NFL organizations" - it was arguably two of the best places he could have POSSIBLY ended up, and he failed in both of them. 

There's nothing left for him in the NFL. Nobody there can help him, unfortunately.

• Like 1

This sucks. The policy is stupid and outdated. Also, this failed test probably happened while he was still with the Patriots (hence the release for "work ethic"). Dude has been a model pro since he came to Seattle, earned the chance to play, and earned the admiration of his fellow teammates. Sounds like Pete and Russell genuinely cares about the dude. I hope Seattle doesn't abandon him because of this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

This sucks. The policy is stupid and outdated. Also, this failed test probably happened while he was still with the Patriots (hence the release for "work ethic"). Dude has been a model pro since he came to Seattle, earned the chance to play, and earned the admiration of his fellow teammates. Sounds like Pete and Russell genuinely cares about the dude. I hope Seattle doesn't abandon him because of this. 

He's catching 1 ball a game

He isn't that good anymore and not worth the roster spot/trouble

If you want 1 catch per game, go sign Dez Bryant

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Shocker. Why was Justin Blackmon banned and Josh Gordon is on opportunity 3,000? Gordon doesn't deserve another chance.

5 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Exactly. Why can’t Blackmon get a dozen chances?  Can not believe Gordon still has supporters. 

Blackmon could have. He never tried. He was fine with walking away from the NFL. It's too bad. He had ability.

4 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Guy knowingly broke the rules repeatedly. Why shouldn’t they abandon him?  What’d he ever do for them other than underperform and betray their trust?

Edited by DaveDX

Just now, TheGame316 said:

He's catching 1 ball a game

He isn't that good anymore and not worth the roster spot/trouble

If you want 1 catch per game, go sign Dez Bryant

You watch Seahawks games or just scout box scores. Most of his catches were key 3rd down receptions. On the field Russell had a lot of trust in Josh, its showed. He was a big upgrade on Jarron Brown. Malik Turner and David Moore. 

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

You watch Seahawks games or just scout box scores. Most of his catches were key 3rd down receptions. On the field Russell had a lot of trust in Josh, its showed. He was a big upgrade on Jarron Brown. Malik Turner and David Moore. 

7 catches in 5 games

If you want 1.4 catches per game, on any down you like, you can find it in Dez Bryant (or a myriad of others) for "please let me play the game money"