Josh Gordon Suspended Indefinitely

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

I still think the policy is silly. Athletes are held to a way higher standard by their employers than the vast majority of Americans. Plenty of Americans prop themselves up with opioids, alcohol and other addictive drugs, without the worry of being popped and banned from their profession. 

I'll just point out though that the NFL is not the only profession with these restrictions.  Some don't have them, true.  But many do.

I would also lose my job by testing positive to anything that Josh Gordon has been busted for.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is all I have to say on this matter as well.

I’m not gonna bash the guy. I was severely addicted to gambling and lost A LOT of money. I couldn’t stop. My mindset after losing was “I can get it back”, sometimes I would get it back and then I blew that. Gotta have the right support system to help you get through it. Right now he is struggling but he can get past it eventually. 

I lost my fiancé over my problem. Sometimes you gotta lose something to really make you open your eyes and ask yourself wtf are you doing. 

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

I feel bad for him on a personal level. 

Why, though?

I feel bad for people who suffer from afflictions beyond their control.  Not morons who got addicted to banned substances and were too mentally weak or too stupid to kick the habit they willingly chose to start.  I know people who have beat addiction without having millions on the line or the support that Gordon was afforded as a pro athlete.

I have no sympathy for this idiot.  I hope he gets his life on track, but he should never be allowed in the NFL again.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Why, though?

I feel bad for people who suffer from afflictions beyond their control.  Not morons who got addicted to banned substances and were too mentally weak or too stupid to kick the habit they willingly chose to start.  I know people who have beat addiction without having millions on the line or the support that Gordon was afforded as a pro athlete.

I have no sympathy for this idiot.  I hope he gets his life on track, but he should never be allowed in the NFL again.  

This.

It's funny how much sympathy people give this guy, from one nicely written PR statement to the next..

Edited by Nex_Gen

13 hours ago, N4L said:

Ive never seen someone get suspended for performance enhancing substances AND substance abuse policy

Just when you thought youd seen it all

What does this mean, roids AND weed?

Feel sorry for Josh still. He clearly has an insurmountable mental problem. Not everyone can just 'man up and get over it'. He does deserve to be released forever though.

Addiction is absolutely a disease. That's all I have on that aspect of the issue. And I'm more inclined to empathize than demonize, just in general. 

Josh needs to get away from football, and not because I'm mad/annoyed at him for doing anythnig that has no relevance to my life. That culture is not good for a drug addict. I don't know how the "grocery bag full of pills in the locker room" stereotype plays out in 2019, but there are so many factors involved in being a highly paid, famous modern gladiator that make it a terrible workplace for a drug addict.