GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Mason Foster gets a lot of hate at times, but there is no denying he can read the QB 

He isn't bad he did his job ... the redskins D played well if not for that fake FG they give up 17 points.

kinda confused why we never blitzed Goff so much I know Gurley had that screen play but we never pressured him with 6-7 guys . I'm worried cus Derek Carr gonna exposed the D more 

. Also our Run D was like doing bad -_- 

I know his stats weren't great and it was ugly at times but Perine came into his own on the last drive. It takes a bit for the  rhythm between running backs and Oline to develop. That's why Kelley looked awful last week and like Adrian Peterson this week. I still feel good about Perine in the long term. Also, huge bonus that Reed returned to the game.

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol hate to say it Goff did worst than Kirk atleast cousins didn't throw any near ints . And he CTFU CANT BELIEVE IM SAYING THIS. Have is a gw td 

Goff made a dumb decision, but he played quite well most of the game (that pass that Woods dropped in the end-zone was gorgeous). Cousins wasn't able to do much because of the play-calling. He did his job and didn't cost y'all the game. Both QBs played well today imo.

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

He isn't bad he did his job ... the redskins D played well if not for that fake FG they give up 17 points.

kinda confused why we never blitzed Goff so much I know Gurley had that screen play but we never pressured him with 6-7 guys . I'm worried cus Derek Carr gonna exposed the D more 

. Also our Run D was like doing bad -_- 

You blitzed pretty often. You weren't bringing 6-7 guys as much because that's incredibly risky when we're mainly running 11 personnel.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

These are fair points, but Seattle still has Wilson and their defense. The Rams still have work to do. We gotta figure out how to stop the run. Your OL dominated this game. The NFCW should be interesting this year.

I'm not sure Wilson will matter that much since he's running for his life every takes a snap. They've managed a total of 21 points in two games against the Packers and 49ers, and only one touchdown. The defense is going to wear down if they keep on the field (the 49ers didn't make this that much of a problem).

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

FWIW, I think y'all are better than many of you believe. If Cousins can get back to playing like himself, you should be in the playoff conversation.

Maybe, but this is the first time all season I have seen this team actually play like a professional team.

Mcvay just a OC other than that he isn't ready to be a head coach .

people hated on Gruden last week but he ran the ball well and Kirk stepped up when it was needed.. if Kirk hits Chris Thompson than the skins would be up 24 points against a supposed good defense .

Just like last week if Kirk hits Crowder we are 2-0 in first place .

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

(that pass that Woods dropped in the end-zone was gorgeous)

Unfortunately, even if he had caught it, it would have come back due to the holding call. Still, nice placement.

Just now, Woz said:

Unfortunately, even if he had caught it, it would have come back due to the holding call. Still, nice placement.

100% true. I'm just saying that Goff has progressed a lot and handled himself well until that final throw. He's a second-year player. I want perfection, but realistically, we're not going to get that. The vast majority of NFL QBs don't come into their own until 26 to 29 years old.

Just now, jrry32 said:

100% true. I'm just saying that Goff has progressed a lot and handled himself well until that final throw. He's a second-year player. I want perfection, but realistically, we're not going to get that. The vast majority of NFL QBs don't come into their own until 26 to 29 years old.

He's going to be a heck of a player. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Waitwaitwait ... are you saying that a person cannot expect a college player to jump immediately in the NFL and have the same level of success they had as an amateur?! What are you, high?? ;):D

19 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

we played really bad. this game shouldnt have been close

Wouldn't have been if Ct didn't drop a possible TD, Cousins didn't throw CT by a little bit which could have been a big play - possibly a TD - and if we ran the ball more instead of throwing the fade the 2nd time in the redzone.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

And you got the right coach to develop him.

Archived