Black Monday - HC / Front Office Changes (0 HC Openings)

Texas_OutLaw7

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

...... Zeke has led/nearly led the NFL in touches and yards the past 4 years. Before that Run DMC had a ridiculous stretch of games. Before that Murray led/nearly led the NFL in touches and yards for a while. 

Did you even watch the Cowboys under Garrett? Some of the things you say blow my mind. 

Go back to 2007-13 especially during 2012-13 and stop talking. Seriously stop talking.

Under Jason Garrett as OC we had shy'd away from the run game at all costs. Maybe you don't remember with your selective memory but I do,  he didn't do one thing to help it until 2014. But before that we were a almost exclusive pass, pass, run team and EVERYONE laughed at how predictable we were under him. 

It wasn't until Garrett who was getting desperate (sound familiar?) that he gave into Callahan who was known for being a coach who wanted a more run dominated system. After that we instantly achieved success with Callahan's offense with Linehan calling the plays. Even up until 2013 Callahan was still using JG's playbook from 2007. 

Our offensive line and offense in general from 2014 should have a large portion of that credit go to Callahan.

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Go back to 2007-13 especially during 2012-13 and stop talking. Seriously stop talking.

Under Jason Garrett as OC we had shy'd away from the run game at all costs. Maybe you don't remember with your selective memory but I do,  he didn't do one thing to help it until 2014. But before that we were a almost exclusive pass, pass, run team and EVERYONE laughed at how predictable we were under him. 

It wasn't until Garrett who was getting desperate (sound familiar?) that he gave into Callahan who was known for being a coach who wanted a more run dominated system. After that we instantly achieved success with Callahan's offense with Linehan calling the plays. Even up until 2013 Callahan was still using JG's playbook from 2007. 

Our offensive line and offense in general from 2014 should have a large portion of that credit go to Callahan.

Those were dark dark times indeed 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Correct. It is the lazy narratives that really blow my mind now.

Lol dude you actually think the coach that has achieved 2 post season wins in 10 years should be a source of worry had he actually gone to the Giants.

You think Garrett actually reworked the offense in 2014 AFTER having the play calling duties taken away from in 2013? The guy who was notorious for his pass first offenses turns heel and goes straight for a run dominated game plan? Of course it's no coincidence that a coach who is known to favor a run system with a dominate line (Callahan) just happened to be the OC at the time all this success came about during the offseason after they tossed Garrett's playbook after 2013?

Stop being lazy yourself and follow the Cowboys for once.

28 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Go back to 2007-13 especially during 2012-13 and stop talking. Seriously stop talking

Ok. So focus on the offense 13 years ago and not the last 6. Got it.

Remind me, how many times have people in this very forum called our offense "Garretts Playbook" the past 6 years? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok. So focus on the offense 13 years ago and not the last 6. Got it.

Remind me, how many times have people in this very forum called our offense "Garretts Playbook" the past 6 years? 

Way to not acknowledge what I just hit you with.

Jason delegated to Callahan and Scott Linehan, or at least Jerry and or Stephen made him do that so he gets partial credit. But what we've been doing for the last 6 years has not been a Jason Garrett offense. So seriously stop talking and giving him credit for it. He's stuck with it, that is the only credit he deserves if that was even his choice. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Way to not acknowledge what I just hit you with.

Jason delegated to Callahan and Scott Linehan, or at least Jerry and or Stephen made him do that so he gets partial credit. But what we've been doing for the last 6 years has not been a Jason Garrett offense. So seriously stop talking and giving him credit for it. He's stuck with it, that is the only credit he deserves if that was even his choice. 

Oh I agree with you that we stopped using Jasons playbook. What I am curious is to how that fits the narrative the past ~6 years that weve been using Jasons playbook.

speaking out of both sides

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Oh I agree with you that we stopped using Jasons playbook. What I am curious is to how that fits the narrative the past ~6 years that weve been using Jasons playbook.

speaking out of both sides

I made the joke that we won't have to worry about Barkley not running the ball anymore to which you replied with what we've been doing for the last 6 years as if it was by Jason's design.

If he is the OC, what makes you think that he just wont go back to his 07-13 ways of just being a pass, pass, run offense again? There is no reason to assume he brings that sort of thing with him to New York if he actually went. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I made the joke that we won't have to worry about Barkley not running the ball anymore to which you replied with what we've been doing for the last 6 years as if it was by Jason's design.

If he is the OC, what makes you think that he just wont go back to his 07-13 ways of just being a pass, pass, run offense again? There is no reason to assume he brings that sort of thing with him to New York if he actually went. 

Do you think that Garrett literally had nothing to do with the design, strategy, game-planning, and personnel of the offense over the last 6 years?

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Do you think that Garrett literally had nothing to do with the design, strategy, game-planning, and personnel of the offense over the last 6 years?

Oh i'm sure he had some input, on what he wanted the goals of the offense to be, how it blends with the defense, how it can manage the game and put them into a good position to score points. But in terms of actually designing, strategy, and gameplanning. No I do not, I think the vast majority of it was delegated to the other coaches. 

I mean that's kind of what their jobs are to begin with, and usually a offensive minded head coach will have a much greater say on what an offense will bring to the field but I think Jason took on more of a Mike Tomlin role and just gave (willingly or not) the responsibility to the others. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I think Jason probably has grown/adopted new principals the last 6 years. I also think prior to those 6 years, our OLs and RBs were not as talented as our QB and WRs by a longshot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Will do champ. I'll get right on that.

I giggled at that.

To be fair, you’re both right. Redball was irritatingly consistently inconsistent in every aspect of the game, including play calling and game plans. He spent many seasons ignoring the run game and becoming predictable to then become so vanilla with the run game that it became predictable. Why? Because he struggles to adapt to the league.

• Like 1