WC: Titans at Pats

Elky

2 minutes ago, jofos said:

Well there is this thing called the salary cap and you can't just throw money

A lot of people.

Pats had plenty of cap to bring back Amendola for a one year deal. 1 year 4.25 deal.  Would have helped Edelman a lot

19 minutes ago, terbo559 said:

He had an entire offseason to sign better players in the offseason. Cheaped out on Amendola, did not sign jared cook, and did not draft any tight ends to replace gronk. 

This is revisionist history tbh

They did have good players and the offense the first few weeks of the season was unstoppable 

Devlin and the offensive line got hurt, the AB situation blew up (and cost them DT in the process), Gordon situation blew up, Michel regressed, Edelman was banged up all season

None of that stuff alone was unforeseeable but thats just football, you get talent and sometimes it doesn't work out because of injuries or whatever

Its not like there were a bunch of elite game changing weapons available that Belichick decided not to go after... the only guy like that who came available was AB and he signed him within 12 hours

• Like 2

If there's one thing I think the FO deserves some blame for its not addressing the tight end situation.  Would've made a big difference.  You cant just replace a guy like Gronk but there are enough serviceable tight ends in the league there's really no excuse for the level of play we ran out there every week.

• Like 5

Belichick lost them that game. No aggressiveness on 4th down (passed up 3 opportunities by my count of 3-4 yards to go, including the FG at the goal line). Totally outmaneuvered by Vrabel with the clock in the 4th quarter, and the worst of all: taking the penalty on 2nd down to make it 2nd and 13 on that last Titans drive, when they had the clock stopped 3rd and 8 if he had just declined it. The timeout saved would've been WAY more valuable than the 5 yards, but he took the penalty and they got a first down anyway with us down a timeout we should've had. I've never loved his clock management, back to the Jets loss in the 2010 playoffs, but this was inexcusable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Belichick lost them that game. No aggressiveness on 4th down (passed up 3 opportunities by my count of 3-4 yards to go, including the FG at the goal line). Totally outmaneuvered by Vrabel with the clock in the 4th quarter, and the worst of all: taking the penalty on 2nd down to make it 2nd and 13 on that last Titans drive, when they had the clock stopped 3rd and 8 if he had just declined it. The timeout saved would've been WAY more valuable than the 5 yards, but he took the penalty and they got a first down anyway with us down a timeout we should've had. I've never loved his clock management, back to the Jets loss in the 2010 playoffs, but this was inexcusable.

Soooo what are you suggesting 

That 3 straight run on goal line killed us. It was screaming for a PA pass. They were stuffing close range runs all day.

Make no mistake, this is the worst NE team we've had since our golden run begun. The 9-0 start was against dross, and the 3-5 end is more a reflection of what we are. If we had played good teams all year (I know that doesn't ever happen) we'd honestly be max 8-8, probably something like 7-9. 

Is this over? Maybe. I don't think either BB or TB retire or move on in the off-season, but things need to change from this absolute sh show of a **** season. 

I'm glad I don't have to watch these guys anymore. Can you imagine IF we had pulled this out, what kind of mess KC would have put us in? HAHAHA. 

Focus on better things in life now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mission27 said:

This is revisionist history tbh

They did have good players and the offense the first few weeks of the season was unstoppable 

Devlin and the offensive line got hurt, the AB situation blew up (and cost them DT in the process), Gordon situation blew up, Michel regressed, Edelman was banged up all season

None of that stuff alone was unforeseeable but thats just football, you get talent and sometimes it doesn't work out because of injuries or whatever

Its not like there were a bunch of elite game changing weapons available that Belichick decided not to go after... the only guy like that who came available was AB and he signed him within 12 hours

Pats had a bunch of receivers off the streets in training camp. Sure we had DT and Gordon at the time, but most people thought Gordon wouldn't last a season to begin with. I was most disappointed by the DT trade. Although we had Brown, at the time, DT showed that he had enough potential to give us depth at that position in case Gordon gets suspended again. 

They had a lot of chances to win this game. All those almost fumbles. That goal line stand. The redzone issues. Truly a game of inches. It's too bad because I think this team could beat the Chiefs. I also think this Titans team could beat the Cheifs. 

HENRY IS A MONSTER. I havent watched him play a full game this season but my god he could get 200+ on ANY defense in the playoffs except MAYBE SF if it gets that far. I think I am rooting for TEN for the rest of the way in the AFC. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

HENRY IS A MONSTER. I havent watched him play a full game this season but my god he could get 200+ on ANY defense in the playoffs except MAYBE SF if it gets that far. I think I am rooting for TEN for the rest of the way in the AFC. 

Everytime there was contact (when he was eventually contacted) he finished it on his terms. He even dragged Hightower who has immense strength. Henry is a beast.