Picking #3

Superduperman

4 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

If I was a washington fan, I would think Young + Haskins >>>> Tua.

Exactly this.

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Oh I get that. Which is why Haskins would net more than a 2nd like Rosen did. It's just a matter of a healthy Tua being that much better than Haskins and being able to add pieces around him with the 1st + you'd get for Haskins. 

If this was Tua's only injury, that might be the case, but he couldn't stay healthy consistently in college - that's bad news for his health outlook in the NFL.  And we'd much rather have Young + Haskins over Tua + an unknown 1st.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Exactly this.

If this was Tua's only injury, that might be the case, but he couldn't stay healthy consistently in college - that's bad news for his health outlook in the NFL.  And we'd much rather have Young + Haskins over Tua + an unknown 1st.

Fair enough. There are still rumours of a trade out from #2 so it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out. 

Is Trent Williams the LT starting in September or does he get traded?

21 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Fair enough. There are still rumours of a trade out from #2 so it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out. 

Is Trent Williams the LT starting in September or does he get traded?

I think I know what rumor you're talking about.  The guy on twitter who created it has been exposed as a fraud whose just trying to gain more followers.  His recent "rumor" is a trade between the Redskins and Bears (who have no 1st round pick), involving Khalil Mack, for #2 overall.

It's tough to call the outcome of the Williams situation.  The short version concerning the reason for optimism is that we've gotten rid of every person Williams had a problem with in the organization.  The reason for pessimism is that his issue was mostly regarding the lack of guaranteed money on his remaining contract, and I'm not sure how much Rivera is willing to pay on a contract extension to keep him around; though Rivera has been adamant that he really wants Trent back, so we'll see.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think I know what rumor you're talking about.  The guy on twitter who created it has been exposed as a fraud whose just trying to gain more followers.  His recent "rumor" is a trade between the Redskins and Bears (who have no 1st round pick), involving Khalil Mack, for #2 overall.

It's tough to call the outcome of the Williams situation.  The short version concerning the reason for optimism is that we've gotten rid of every person Williams had a problem with in the organization.  The reason for pessimism is that his issue was mostly regarding the lack of guaranteed money on his remaining contract, and I'm not sure how much Rivera is willing to pay on a contract extension to keep him around; though Rivera has been adamant that he really wants Trent back, so we'll see.

Yeah, I've seen something about Chicago trading up for Burrow which would include Khalil Mack... because you give away the future of your franchise to acquire a guy, then trade him away and the rest of your future to get a rookie QB. 

I'd love to see that happen as a Lions fan. Let Chicago burn the team down just to add Burrow. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Oh and on the Williams situation, at least the medical situation is sorted. Agree that there is a money element here. I have to think they bite the bullet. He's a good player when he's on the field and organizationally, they messed things up in a big way. Protect your young QB, whether it's Haskins or Tua with a proven guy. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

People really think a mediocre QB and a top pass rusher beats an elite QB...

A mediocre qb with one year nfl experience and very young and best DL prospect in a long time and very young vs an unproven nfl rookie qb coming off a severe injury?...yes. Yes I do.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1