Jump to content
Matts4313

News and Notes: Cowboys Not in Playoffs Edition

Recommended Posts

Some post game twitter here, more stuff down below

 

 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It is profoundly weird to me that Randy never played a snap this season. Unfair, frankly. 

But yet Josh Gordan and Brown continued and continue to get opportunities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It is profoundly weird to me that Randy never played a snap this season. Unfair, frankly. 

RG entered the league 5 yrs too soon unfortunately. I think the next CBA is going to rectify these situations. Maybe not entirely, but I don't think you're going to see this level of punishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 Opponents:

Home: NFC east normies, Arizona, San Fran, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Atlanta!

Away: NFC east normies, Seattle, Los Angeles Rams, Minnesota, Cincinnati, and Baltimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think if they give Redball another 2-3 year deal, it will be with the intent that Moore is not ready. Or Richard. 

Probably means they aren’t getting serious interest from Meyer and McCarthy. I don’t think Jerry likes the assistants people have alluded to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

Yeah I think if they give Redball another 2-3 year deal, it will be with the intent that Moore is not ready. Or Richard. 

Probably means they aren’t getting serious interest from Meyer and McCarthy. I don’t think Jerry likes the assistants people have alluded to.

It would also mean that Jerry isn’t serious about, nor committed to, winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, plan9misfit said:

It would also mean that Jerry isn’t serious about, nor committed to, winning.

 

Just now, plan9misfit said:

It would also mean that Jerry isn’t serious about, nor committed to, winning.

He needs to get Meyer in here on a three year deal with a four year option. Outside of that, I’m not seeing a fit. This is not a rebuild. Especially if you plan on paying these existing players. Similar to Parcells in 2003.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

 

He needs to get Meyer in here on a three year deal with a four year option. Outside of that, I’m not seeing a fit. This is not a rebuild. Especially if you plan on paying these existing players. Similar to Parcells in 2003.

The issue with Urban Meyer - aside from the headaches and his propensity to bail on teams due to “health issues” - is that he’s never coached at the NFL level at any point in his career. He’s an absolute genius as a college coach, but it’s always a big risk to dip into the college ranks for a head coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The issue with Urban Meyer - aside from the headaches and his propensity to bail on teams due to “health issues” - is that he’s never coached at the NFL level at any point in his career. He’s an absolute genius as a college coach, but it’s always a big risk to dip into the college ranks for a head coach.

If McCarthy takes Carolina you are left with flavor of the month coordinator and nobody sticks out. You want to trust Roman with a completely different offense than what we or anyone else has? A Sean Payton disciple? Sala with his stacked defense? 

McDaniels isn’t the right fit here. Neither is Harbaugh. They’d want too much control. Honestly I wouldn’t mind Harbaugh but JJ would have to step aside completely. McDaniels probably the same deal.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

McDaniels isn’t the right fit here. Neither is Harbaugh. They’d want too much control. Honestly I wouldn’t mind Harbaugh but JJ would have to step aside completely. McDaniels probably the same deal.

I wouldnt mind this. Jones isnt going to "step aside completely" - and he shouldnt. Will McClay is a good talent scout. Stephen Jones is a good contracts guy. But even Garrett got to set the culture and type of players (RKG) to target. Which I think would be fine with most coaches. 

It makes them more desirable. Its not like we didnt just have Bill Parcells who was pretty stubborn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I wouldnt mind this. Jones isnt going to "step aside completely" - and he shouldnt. Will McClay is a good talent scout. Stephen Jones is a good contracts guy. But even Garrett got to set the culture and type of players (RKG) to target. Which I think would be fine with most coaches. 

It makes them more desirable. Its not like we didnt just have Bill Parcells who was pretty stubborn. 

Parcells hasn’t been with the organization for 14 years.

Edited by plan9misfit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...