2019 Wild Card Playoffs

Leader

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Back to the Bills game, Allen was running a really good game until he went full mental.  Not sure what to make of that kid.  He’s young, but man there was a bevy of seriously dumb mental mistakes in that 4th quarter.

The moment got too big for him. It was obvious he was not comfortable in the element in the second half. 

Just now, Golfman said:

The moment got too big for him. It was obvious he was not comfortable in the element in the second half. 

Probably.  But what in the fook are the Bills using him like a QB for?  He’s got some wheels, but he’s not Lamar Jackson out there, nor should he be expected to be.

9 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Back to the Bills game, Allen was running a really good game until he went full mental.  Not sure what to make of that kid.  He’s young, but man there was a bevy of seriously dumb mental mistakes in that 4th quarter.

I liked Allen best from that class by default. I take the prototype guy every time.

That being said, someone needs to be researching the next Tannehill, Moore, Foles, etc etc. Lots of circumstantial failures that could turn into a starter I think. I love the idea of bringing in a guy like Mariota next year to start over and have some time to re-group behind Rodgers. Rookie QB's are such a fricken crapshoot. #newtrend

Edited by cannondale

I still can’t believe they took that kickoff TD away from the Bills. I remember that same play happening a year or two ago, maybe it was a Packers game, only the returner recovered his fumble. Never seen the sideline officials run onto the field and take away a TD like that. 

7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I still can’t believe they took that kickoff TD away from the Bills. I remember that same play happening a year or two ago, maybe it was a Packers game, only the returner recovered his fumble. Never seen the sideline officials run onto the field and take away a TD like that. 

If that endzone ref was being consistent with how it’s been called by every other ref in the league, he’d have blown that play dead as soon as he saw the returner not making an attempt to carry the ball out of the endzone.  It was a stupid situation precipitated by the ref, IMO.

11 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

100% the fault of the NFL. The whole give yourself up on the kickoff is so vague it's ridiculous. I thought this would manifest itself differently, but shocked it took this long. I guess officially downing the ball was too simple

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

If that endzone ref was being consistent with how it’s been called by every other ref in the league, he’d have blown that play dead as soon as he saw the returner not making an attempt to carry the ball out of the endzone.  It was a stupid situation precipitated by the ref, IMO.

The endzone ref was head official Tony Corrente with over 20 years experience. Like I said, he made the same call that's been made on kickoffs at least once recently. I definitely see your point and agree that the returner was giving himself up, but he didn't make any signal to that effect and by the rulebook it was a live ball. If I were a Bills fan, what I wouldn't be able to reconcile is the fact that it was called a TD on the field and it was only the sideline/league officials who intervened to keep it from becoming a blowout.

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Because the NFL doesn't have enough judgement calls to make. Down the damn ball

• Like 2

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, this Patriots team is really mediocre. 

It's still a ball game.

I think TN is giving TB way too much time and their secondary's not good enough to hold up.

Hopefully Henry can push this drive to paydirt.