Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

On 4/10/2023 at 5:04 PM, Sad People said:

Anyone know of any books or comics out there that focus on Mandalore and all the different clans and wars?

Man i would love to dive into SW books but its SO overwhelming of where to start.

Obviously if you're gonna dive into Star Wars books...the starting place is the Heir to the Empire trilogy.

And just head straight into hating what they did with the sequel trilogy movies even more.  lol.

18 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm annoyed by Andor in that it felt like it was really finally starting to rev up and captivate me...just in time for the series to end until whoever knows when.  Irritating.

It was a slow burn until the last few episodes but I enjoyed the hell out of it all the way through. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 7:46 PM, BeaReylo said:

A lot of Legends material may have been de-canonized but Disney is still using them for their new projects.  The Han Solo film culled a myriad of material from the Legends lore. https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/31/17408544/solo-star-wars-story-expanded-universe-ac-crispin-novels

And the Kylo Ren is a mash up of Jacen Solo and Darth Revan; Han & Leia's son falls to the dark side; idolized his grandfather; and kills a family member to prove his allegiance to the dark side. And Ben & Rey starting off as enemies then falling in love with each other, as well as forming a Force Bond linking their minds together was taken from the Darth Revan & Bastilla storyline. They're using the EU's ideas and the concepts are the same but the new story is putting it's own spin on it. Transplanting and combining some together. https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-darth-revan-kylo-ren-redemption/

They haven't completely done away with the old books, comics, videos games etc but are trying to mine what they think will be good and not be tied down to any existing lore.

They have done away with all of the old stuff.  It only exists in “Legends.”  The only Legends item still in production is The Old Republic, which may be on life support with EA shifting it away from BioWare.  

I mean, I guess you could say they are taking themes and ideas from it, and you would be correct.  However, they’ve ceased adding to those storylines, which is what I take as being “completely done away with.” 

There is no reset to any of what Disney has done for the haters, and it this point, I’m about checked out on all of it.  

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...