Josh McDaniels and The Colts. What happened?

hornbybrown

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No way the Haslams fire him. They been trying to hire McDaniels for like 7years now. They will prolly exhaust everything for him to be successful here.

That's kinda what I think too. I get that the Haslams like to channel their inner Mr. McMahon, but they've wanted McDaniels for a long time. If he's the guy, expect him to be here a while. He'll get every opportunity to succeed. Remember how patient they were with Hue? It'd be even more so with McDaniels.

3 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

That's kinda what I think too. I get that the Haslams like to channel their inner Mr. McMahon, but they've wanted McDaniels for a long time. If he's the guy, expect him to be here a while. He'll get every opportunity to succeed. Remember how patient they were with Hue? It'd be even more so with McDaniels.

The issue won’t just be patience.

He was patient with Hue, but Hue was there in the first place because he couldn’t allow the GM to hire his guy (McDermott).

Then he saddled Dorsey with Hue.

Previously he thrust Farmer and Pettine together.

He refuses to allow anyone the ability to run the organization and create accountability to anyone but him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Did you not read the rest of the statement?

Yes. And there's nothing that Haslam has done that suggests to me that he'll be patient if he doesn't get the results he wants quick enough. I hope I'm wrong, but there's nothing about Haslam's history that makes me think otherwise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

No way the Haslams fire him. They been trying to hire McDaniels for like 7years now. They will prolly exhaust everything for him to be successful here.

This is the Haslams we're talking about. If he doesn't win big, maybe Trigger Jimmy will give him 2 years, 2 1/2 tops before getting distracted by the next shiny object.

Edited by dawgdish

We should be able to upgrade our roster again this year along with some of our younger guys getting better. 

If the coach fails hard for a couple of years then maybe he should be fired. 

This will be a minority opinion, but i think if we hired hue jackson at the start of this year we would of had some pretty decent success, 10-6 or soemthing like that. 

A lot of it is about timing with coaches, is it the right timw for someone like McDaniels to come in? Is it the right situation? He strikes me as a guy where people will have to buy in, i am not sure how guys lile juice and obj will buy in, when they have established their careers and success in certain fashions.