Red Sox Cheated! Update: Cora Fired

Slinky

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

lol people believing Hinch about Cora being the mastermind is one of the funniest things I've seen on this site.

you can try and ignore it and keep repeating the same lines but we all know he was. your only defense has been that hinch was trying to save himself.

sad that mlb cant take away rings but diehards will know whats what.

50 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you can try and ignore it and keep repeating the same lines but we all know he was. your only defense has been that hinch was trying to save himself.

sad that mlb cant take away rings but diehards will know whats what.

Yeah Hinch was innocent and Cora was the evil mastermind 

🤡🤡🤡

• Like 1

Tbh 

I think it’s amazing how quickly people’s opinions on these type of things polarize and solidify and it becomes a mob situation...

Like did anyone doubt this **** was happening the last 3 years, did anyone care, and did anyone try to stop it?  No no and no.  And probably everyone was doing it to one degree or another.  But we are going to black ball a few of the games best young minds to send a message and then sweep the rest of it under the rug.  It’s such bull****.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

No. Cora was 100% involved, no one has said otherwise. I'm laughing at the people who think Cora was the mastermind behind all of this and Hinch tried to stop it.

Hinch is in a weird spot here too though, because there were plenty of baseball ops guys and his direct boss who were either participating in the scheme or were aware. I don't think Hinch tried to stop it, but I don't think he was driving the whole thing either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Tbh 

I think it’s amazing how quickly people’s opinions on these type of things polarize and solidify and it becomes a mob situation...

Like did anyone doubt this **** was happening the last 3 years, did anyone care, and did anyone try to stop it?  No no and no.  And probably everyone was doing it to one degree or another.  But we are going to black ball a few of the games best young minds to send a message and then sweep the rest of it under the rug.  It’s such bull****.

Aka steroids in baseball

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

Tbh 

@mission27 you are such a smart man

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mission27 said:

Tbh 

Uhhh, what are you talking about? We waited for the investigation, got the official report, and judged accordingly. A mob situation would be people outside of Manfred's office demanding bans or congressional testimony before the investigation was done. Baseball made its decision with no interference, and now we can evaluate that decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Uhhh, what are you talking about? We waited for the investigation, got the official report, and judged accordingly. A mob situation would be people outside of Manfred's office demanding bans or congressional testimony before the investigation was done. Baseball made its decision with no interference, and now we can evaluate that decision.

Just the general trend in our society towards people believing if you do anything wrong it should be the end of your life / career, even if it’s more a symptom of widespread cultural issues in the industry than some kind of sociopathic disregard for common standards 

There’s really no longer any empathy or forgiveness or perspective.  It went from “everyone knows the Astros cheated for years” to “let’s ban all these guys for life” in about 24 hours because that was the media narrative 

tbh I’m just smug about the fact that mission is an overall better person than the rest of you because of my capacity to forgive and show empathy even though I was wronged by the midget brigade more than  anyone 

Edited by mission27

14 hours ago, mission27 said:

Just the general trend in our society towards people believing if you do anything wrong it should be the end of your life / career, even if it’s more a symptom of widespread cultural issues in the industry than some kind of sociopathic disregard for common standards 

There’s really no longer any empathy or forgiveness or perspective.  It went from “everyone knows the Astros cheated for years” to “let’s ban all these guys for life” in about 24 hours because that was the media narrative 

tbh I’m just smug about the fact that mission is an overall better person than the rest of you because of my capacity to forgive and show empathy even though I was wronged by the midget brigade more than  anyone 

Oh great, they’re being “canceled”

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mission27 said:

No, it went from "the MLB is investigating whether the Astros cheated for years, and the evidence we do have doesn't look great for them" to "man that report was damning, we should ban the unrepentant cheaters for life because they have given precisely zero reason to think they won't do it again".

When the Red Sox were caught using an apple watch, Manfred sent a memo to all 30 teams that said what they did was illegal and if he caught anyone else doing it, the blame would fall on the manager and the GM. Luhnow got that notice directly, and never did anything about it. When the Astros got caught, Luhnow lied and said he didn't know about it despite testimony from other Astros and e-mails he got showing that he would have known about it. When he got fired, he didn't take an ounce of responsibility for the organization that he's supposed to lead cheating despite the fact that he quite literally did nothing to stop it from happening.

AJ Hinch got the same notice from Manfred, and didn't do anything about it either except destroy a couple TVs. Even then, the fact that his actions at the time being against it, just not willing to go to war with the baseball ops department over it, make me okay with giving him a second chance.

And spare me with the "Luhnow's life is over" melodramatic horse ****. He was making 7 figures yearly well before his recent contract extension/promotion, which probably put him somewhere just below Theo Epstein's $10MM/year deal. He's suspended for 1 season, but is going to collect the rest of that through 2023. He'll never have to work a day in his life again if he doesn't want to. And if he does want to keep working there's 7 figure jobs waiting for him the second he wants one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Oh great, they’re being “canceled”

We can't win.

If we posted the entire time saying "ban the Astros, death penalty" etc. etc. then we're not letting the process play out. If we wait until the investigation is over, we didn't really care because we weren't yelling the whole time.

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We can't win.

If we posted the entire time saying "ban the Astros, death penalty" etc. etc. then we're not letting the process play out. If we wait until the investigation is over, we didn't really care because we weren't yelling the whole time.

Or you could have a more level headed position than death penalty for shoplifting tbh 

I mean I do not see how this is any worse than steroids and I think we’ve all come to the conclusion that those guys should not have been black balled but sure, its the Astros and Red Sox who we all hate, so off with their heads Robespierre 

Obviously there was a need to put a stop to this and punish perpetrators 

I think a year long suspension is enough of a punishment without saying these guys should be banned for life or are horrible human beings, which is what a lot of people are saying or implying 

And tbh there is a lot of truth to the idea that baseball does this sort of **** and other sports dont

We have a toxic culture of thinking baseball is some sacred temple of morality that needs to be protected, which is horse**** 

In the NFL if you paralyze someone or punch your wife or kill someone or steal signs or take steroids or destroy your cell phone or whatever, you get a 4 game suspension and people get over it because they just want to watch football... there are probably a few of those things that deserve a slightly harsher punishment but the general attitude of “meh humans are human lets move on” is much healthier tbh