BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, ny92mike said:

Looking for permission to fix some of this stuff, not sure who to speak with about that.

It'll be @TedLavie. He's stepped away from the league but I believe he still checks in, hopefully we can transition the sheets to someone else so we can get some things fixed. Appreciate the help.

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It'll be @TedLavie. He's stepped away from the league but I believe he still checks in, hopefully we can transition the sheets to someone else so we can get some things fixed. Appreciate the help.

If he's still around then transfer of ownership isn't so much an issue as myself and a few others have editing rights, I was understanding it originally that he pulled out not to return.  Just need to know if it's cool if I make those changes.

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Not surprised.  There were some changes made to formulas that slow down the programming speed.  Looking for permission to fix some of this stuff, not sure who to speak with about that.

Is there a specific section in the book that you are at when it crashes or is it just when you are trying to open it up?

No it is anywhere it has been like that since I can remember. I literally have to keep scrolling constantly or it crashes within 10 seconds. Last night it stopped doing that when I posted. But now it’s back at it. 

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

If he's still around then transfer of ownership isn't so much an issue as myself and a few others have editing rights, I was understanding it originally that he pulled out not to return.  Just need to know if it's cool if I make those changes.

I vote for you to make those changes. He gave up his team and while he said he will still be around to help out I think those changes will help all of us especially me since 99% of my site usage is mobile. I have to literally pull out my chrome book and sit down to be able to access the workbook if I really want to see anything. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

No it is anywhere it has been like that since I can remember. I literally have to keep scrolling constantly or it crashes within 10 seconds. Last night it stopped doing that when I posted. But now it’s back at it. 

Ok...I'll make a copy of the current version.  See if I can't fix the issue you're having by cleaning up some things.  Once I'm done I'll hit you up with that link.

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

Thank you Mike

No worries....

Question:  I'm seeing last years rosters and other sheets still housed in the 2020 current version.  Does last year's info need to be housed in this one or can we move it to a new workbook.  

The more stuff you have in it the slower it's going to be.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

No worries....

Question:  I'm seeing last years rosters and other sheets still housed in the 2020 current version.  Does last year's info need to be housed in this one or can we move it to a new workbook.  

The more stuff you have in it the slower it's going to be.

The 2019 draft and stuff like that?

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

The 2019 draft and stuff like that?

Yes...I'm seeing the following hidden sheets.  

• 2018 Player Database
  • 3UP/DWN 2018
  • 2019 Draft

There are also sheets that were used for the free agency that I created using the google forms.  Also, the draft board that to my knowledge you guys aren't using.  If they aren't being used they need to be deleted not just hidden.  

Removing these things alone would speed up the workbook and at the very least reduce the probability of it crashing.

I can save the previous year info in a different location.

• Like 2