BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If the first deciding factor (after record) is h2h Hungary is 15

If it’s division wins Hungary is 15

If it’s vote differential Hungary is 13, Sac 14, OKC 15

@Blue this is my issue. The workbook order has Hungary at 14. But using any of these Hungary would not be. So the workbook is not accurate in determining the order so I want to make sure we aren’t using the workbook for that at the end of the season. SirA1 said we will readjust the order at the end of the season and I am fine with that. I just want the written order down somewhere for us to reference throughout now and future seasons. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

Are you serious? Out of the gate all that Counselor asked for is an understanding and for it to be written. But you've still not addressed the fact that only 1 person has stated "how its supposed to be"

You have at least three people between me, SirA, and Ragnarok telling you it's been this way for a while, even if Rags is joking about making the rule himself.

Just now, Counselor said:

@Blue this is my issue. The workbook order has Hungary at 14. But using any of these Hungary would not be. So the workbook is not accurate in determining the order so I want to make sure we aren’t using the workbook for that at the end of the season. SirA1 said we will readjust the order at the end of the season and I am fine with that. I just want the written order down somewhere for us to reference throughout now and future seasons. 

All of which is fair and reasonable.

Why is wwhickok asking for us to vote on it.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

It was decided like five years ago, if not longer. If you have a problem with it, bring it up at the owner's meeting.

#1, I brought up a very logical reason that putting it off til an owners meeting is not the appropriate action.

Secondly how many new owners have arrived in that 5 years?

Thirdly, the attitude amongst people that we aren't allowed to have open discussion and debate and should just deal with one singular persona answer is beyond nauseating. 

Just now, Blue said:

All of which is fair and reasonable.

Why is wwhickok asking for us to vote on it.

Because a lot of people are not sure what the order is. And if it’s not written down it comes off as something that just exists without any real verification of what it is. So a vote would allow it to be presently decided on in the here and now for all current owners to understand what it is because they voted on it.

Just now, wwhickok said:

#1, I brought up a very logical reason that putting it off til an owners meeting is not the appropriate action.

Secondly how many new owners have arrived in that 5 years?

Thirdly, the attitude amongst people that we aren't allowed to have open discussion and debate and should just deal with one singular persona answer is beyond nauseating. 

Putting it off until then is the ONLY appropriate action. Trying to change the tiebreaker order two weeks before the end of the regular season is wrong. Full stop.

Don't care, doesn't matter. Y'all want to change it, wait until the offseason.

That's not what is going on here. What's going on here is you want to change something that's already agreed upon 3/4s of the way through the season. There is a time and a place to make those changes; that time and place is not now.

Just now, Blue said:

Putting it off until then is the ONLY appropriate action. Trying to change the tiebreaker order two weeks before the end of the regular season is wrong. Full stop.

Don't care, doesn't matter. Y'all want to change it, wait until the offseason.

That's not what is going on here. What's going on here is you want to change something that's already agreed upon 3/4s of the way through the season. There is a time and a place to make those changes; that time and place is not now.

First of all, at no point did I say I wanted to.change anything. Not once.

Secondly, as far as I can tell by the rules, it wasn't ever agreed upon, I mean, its not even listed in the rules. 

40 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

1.  Overall record

2.  Head-to-head, if applicable

3.  Divison record

4.  Point differential

Okay here it is. Thank you. Now I can let it go.

16. Portland

15. Hungary

14. OKC

13. Sacramento 

12. Seoul 

11. AKB 

10. Camden

9. Rome

8. NOLA

7. Cuba 

6.  IC

5. Lancaster

4. Singapore (division winner)

3. Gotham

2. WSR

1. Berlin

@rackcs this is the order for your mock

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I did not say we NEED to vote. I simply said if there was an indecision on the matter perhaps a vote was warranted. I did not specifically say we NEED to vote.

There is no indecision. You asked what the tiebreakers were, SirA told you, and you didn't like the answer. I am telling you, in no uncertain terms, that this is a long-decided matter and if you don't like it, bring it up in the offseason. Continuing to blame SirA and SirA alone as if he magically pulled it out of his *** is gross and wrong.