BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I just watched a YouTube video on one in Australia 

What do you think?

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

How expensive does that **** get?

A 40' high cube (just under 10ft tall) that's 8' wide is around 3k. You throw 4 or 5 of those bad boys together and you can a pretty cool structure.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

What do you think?

A 40' high cube (just under 10ft tall) that's 8' wide is around 3k. You throw 4 or 5 of those bad boys together and you can a pretty cool structure.

I'm dreading going through the home buying process. You have no idea how tempting it is to just say **** it and go for one of these bad boys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

What do you think?

It’s super interesting. I love the idea. I’ve currently lived in a 500 sq foot apartment for five years. I do well in small spaces. I just don’t know where I could find affordable land where I live. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I'm dreading going through the home buying process. You have no idea how tempting it is to just say **** it and go for one of these bad boys.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

It’s super interesting. I love the idea. I’ve currently lived in a 500 sq foot apartment for five years. I do well in small spaces. I just don’t know where I could find affordable land where I live. 

I watch videos non stop of people building these things. So many ways to make a home from them. I've seen people take the 20' container and stand it straight up in a corner to get a crazy view. You can essentially turn the entire rooftop into a deck area on the structure too.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I watch videos non stop of people building these things. So many ways to make a home from them. I've seen people take the 20' container and stand it straight up in a corner to get a crazy view. You can essentially turn the entire rooftop into a deck area on the structure too.

You should make one