BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Can you tell me more about Hamler? I haven't deep dove in the WRs so far. Diggs and Murray are two prospects I'm not super fond of right now but again it's early for me to have a definitive opinion on any prospect. 

I'm pretty sure of where I am going at 5 but I won't say anything in thread since my division rival picks at 3, 4 and 6 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Can you tell me more about Hamler? I haven't deep dove in the WRs so far. Diggs and Murray are two prospects I'm not super fond of right now but again it's early for me to have a definitive opinion on any prospect. 

I'm pretty sure of where I am going at 5 but I won't say anything in thread since my division rival picks at 3, 4 and 6 

Hamler is nicknamed The Human Deep Threat. He's not quite the pure speedster DeSean Jackson was coming out of college, but if you think Randall Cobb that one big year he had, I think you've got a good idea of what kind of player Hamler is. He's the guy I want Green Bay to take at 30.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hamler is nicknamed The Human Deep Threat. He's not quite the pure speedster DeSean Jackson was coming out of college, but if you think Randall Cobb that one big year he had, I think you've got a good idea of what kind of player Hamler is. He's the guy I want Green Bay to take at 30.

As opposed to a robotic deep threat? Who the hell comes up with these?

• Like 6

Golden Boi update for you boys. Been great the past two days. Really wasn't drinking anything though. Woke up this morning and he started throwing up again. Went to the normal vet, she wasn't in. The back up vet then threw out these wild theories that whatever was blocking him up to begin with could cause his intestines to actually die if it doesn't pass so she casually suggests "exploratory surgery". So we rush him to the animal hospital again. They told us to pump the breaks, that the vomiting could be an esophagus issue because of how sick he's been. So we dropped him off, probably for the night. This was him trying to get in my lap in the waiting room because he hates it there.

Now you know what he looks like, a little. 

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhen

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Blue said:

Oh yeah, I saw that too. But he also makes enough plays that I would live with it. He's my TE1 by a comfortable margin right now, and I don't really see that changing unless he tanks the Combine in some fashion.

Receiving TEs that don’t block are worthless(in BDL), unless it’s someone with elite receiving ability. Maybe I’d look for that in round 7.

12 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I love the early part of the draft season bc your opinion on guys change. I recall thinking DJ Moore was unimpressive but his combine ability and deeper research allowed a better perspective to his report. When they put it together on the field, it’s a special thing.