BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

You know this OT class is great when Mekhi Becton runs a 5.10 40 at 360-ish pounds and is still just my OT4. Glad to see Wirfs put the guard talk to rest with an absurd workout, too.

Not really paying attention to the RB class this year, but I think Taylor showed why he's the clear-cut RB1. If not for some bad hands, I think he would be an obvious top-10 pick.

• Like 1

My BDL mid combine First Round

1. Sacramento- Joe Burrow QB LSU

2. IC- Chase Young Edge OSU

3. Antarctica- Jeff Okudah CB OSU 

4. Antarctica- Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson

5. Seoul- Jerry Jeudy WR Bama

6. Antarctica- Tristian Wirfs OT Iowa

7. Gotham- Derrick Brown INT Auburn

8. Sacramento- CeeDee Lamb WR OU

9. Berlin- Tua T QB Bama

10. Rome- Henry Ruggs WR Bama

11. Berlin- Andrew Thomas OT UGA

12. Sacramento- Jedrick Wills OT Bama

13. Cuba- Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 

14. Berlin- Javon Kinlaw INT USCAR

15. Sacramento- K’Lavon Chaisson Edge LSU

16. Cuba- Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin 

• Like 1

It’s time for a RAGNAMOCK!!  I tried to switch it up a bit(especially up top) and focus on guys who have impressed me so far this combine.

Round 1:

1. Sacramento - Joe Burrow, QB - He’s isn’t going anywhere but Burrow.

2. IC - Jeff Okudah, CB - I know it will probably be Chase, but I think Okudah is very, very close as a prospect and fills a much, much bigger need.

3. Antarctica - Chase Young, Edge -  They would sprint this up as Edge is a need across from Clark.

4. Antarctica - Andrew Thomas, OT - ANC has nothing reliable at OT and Thomas is the best LT prospect in the draft.

5. Seoul - CeeDee Lamb, WR - Seoul desperately needs a WR and Lamb was a monster this week.

6. Antarctica - Tristian Wirf, OT - ANC has nothing reliable at OT and Thomas is the best RT prospect in the draft.  A Thomas/Wirf tandem resolves their OT issues for a decade.

7. Gotham - Derrick Brown, INT - This makes way too much sense to not happen.  Gotham was at its best with a dominant DL.

8. Sacramento - Isaiah Simmons, LB - Simmons just ran a disgusting 40 and Counselor wants him.

9. Berlin - Tua, QB - I like Tua.

10. Rome - Jerry Jeudy, WR - Rome would love the board to fall this way and they address a huge need.

11. Berlin - Jedrick Wills, OT - Wills can protect Tua’s blindside in BDL as well.  He was very smooth in drills.

12. Sacramento - Mekhi Becton, OT - They need an OT to go across from Armstead and Becton can play either side.

13. Cuba - Javon Kinlaw, DT - He would be an incredible pairing with Cox. 

14. Berlin - Henry Ruggs, WR - It hurts my soul a bit to take a 3rd Bama guy, but a Ruggs/Hollywood speed combo would be a lot of fun.

15. Sacramento - AJ Epenesa, Edge - Sac needs a reliable edge and Epenesa looked very smooth in the drills despite his 40.

16. Cuba - Jonathan Taylor, RB - Pretty sure MD4L creamed himself over Taylor last night and he gets a guy to pair long term with Dalvin.

Round 2:

17. Williamsport - YGM, Edge - A speedy option to pair with Burns, this gives WSR their edge rushers for a long time.  YGM was very smooth in drills.

18. Ivory Coast - Xavier McKinney, S - IC continues to build their secondary with the best safety in the class.

19. Portland - K’Lavon Chaisson, Edge - With only Ford and Von on the roster, they go with a super athletic prospect.

20. Hungary - CJ Henderson, CB - They have a ton of CBs hitting FA next year and a number could be replaced today.

21. Seoul Dragons - Josh Jones, OT - With only Stanley on the roster, and Jones looking very good, this makes a lot of sense.

22. Rome Eternals - Justin Blacklock, INT - He looked super smooth at the combine and would fill a big need for Rome as a 3T.

23. Gotham - Justin Jefferson, WR - Another guy who looked great at the combine, he would pair beautifully with Tyreek and Parker.

24. Lancaster - Grant Delpit, FS - Abram and Rapp are more SS types while Delpit has the size and speed to play deep.

25. Seoul - Kenneth Murray, LB - They need a LB that can cover and I personally think Murray is a bit underrated.  I would be thrilled if the Packers landed him IRL.

26. Rome Eternals - De’Andre Swift, RB - With only Lindsay on the roster and bcb preferring to go BPA, Swift makes a ton of sense here.

27. Sacramento - Kristian Fulton, CB - This is very good value for Fulton and some of SAC’s young CBs disappointed last year.

28. Berlin - Cesar Ruiz, C - Linsley is a FA after this season and Ruiz is my top interior player.

29. Cuba - Brandon Aiyuk, WR - He really, really impressed me at the combine.  I’d take him over Higgins and Shenault.

30. Berlin - Kyle Dugger, S - Gopher murders me as I go for Dugger over Winfield to pair with Thornhill.  Be interesting to see how both those guys move tomorrow.

31. Gotham - Justin Herbert, QB - Wentz has a year left and keeps getting hurt.  Gotham adds some insurance.

32. Williamsport - Laviska Shenault, WR - Great value here, his 40 and another injury do concern me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Justin Layne is my only young corner to disappoint. Buster

Austin played well for a couple weeks so that's not a sure thing.  Awuzie is a FA after this year.  Love is more of a slot.  Layne did nothing.  Bunting was almost as inconsistent as DeAndre Baker.  

Fulton makes sense.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Austin played well for a couple weeks so that's not a sure thing.  Awuzie is a FA after this year.  Love is more of a slot.  Layne did nothing.  Bunting was almost as inconsistent as DeAndre Baker.  

Fulton makes sense.  

Bunting was good and so was CGJ for rookies. Love is a FS. Yes Fulton makes sense but spreading false narratives in this league can really damage teams. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Bunting was good and so was CGJ for rookies. Love is a FS. Yes Fulton makes sense but spreading false narratives in this league can really damage teams. 

CGJ was good.  Bunting was very inconsistent as I said.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

CGJ was good.  Bunting was very inconsistent as I said.

Bunting really came on as the year progressed so if we want to count early performances sure. But I’m looking at the more recent play. Made some big plays too.