BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That’s why your the BDL man of the year.

In reality, I was able to bring up some of the guys he worked with at Memphis (Anthony Miller is the most successful to this point) and commented how why he takes special teams seriously if his players on offense have produced.

Tony Pollard had some moments!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Tony Pollard had some moments!

He got a lot of hype after training camp. He was a high level kick returner in college, but he went UDFA so to the college coach it made more sense to bring up his guys that balled out before they got drafted. 

29 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Also it was a group conversation not one on one. Until a football team hires me, my greatest contribution to football is working this BDL team.

Don't forget your fantasy teams my man. 

26 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Ngl, I’ve said this before but if @Jlash ever leaves I’ll probably be gone shortly thereafter.

Awww. 

24 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I could never leave you. 

Awww. 

get a room.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He got a lot of hype after training camp. He was a high level kick returner in college, but he went UDFA so to the college coach it made more sense to bring up his guys that balled out before they got drafted. 

He had almost 80 catches his junior year, had 10 TD and was a 4th round pick. We talking about the same guy?

33 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Why should I not get fully erect over Gandy-Golden's 22 rep bench press?

You should be pretty hard over Gandy-Golden's Combine so far, feel free to edge that bad boy. Imagine what it's gonna do to you if he tests well tomorrow.

On a related note, I spent some time combing historical NFL Combine results over the past 10 years a couple weeks back to put together minimum thresholds for draftable players. Nothing is really an instant fail on its own*, but in the bench press, you want your receivers to hit 12 reps and tight ends to hit 18. I hope we don't have any Harrison Bryant fans here, but there isn't a tight end since at least 2010 who was worth a roster spot and matches his 243 lbs weigh-in and really pitiful 13 bench reps.

*Height/weight for CBs is the one exception--basically nobody under 5-10 or 183 lbs is worth rostering for the NFL at that position. Yes, I am aware that is an extremely, oddly specific weight.

Mock Draft 17.0: The RNG Mock
Wanted to do something really different this week. Basically I did this mock with an RNG. I used thedraftnetwork's prospect rankings and did them 50 players at a time. I used the RNG to randomly assign the top 50 players to the top 50 picks. Then I did the same for the 51-100 prospects for picks 51-100. Then I did prospects 101-150 for the last 12 picks. Full results here. Let's check out the team hauls and tell me who you think had the best class/got the best value etc.

Hawaii Nightmarchers: Chase Young (1.3), Zack Baun (1.4), Joe Burrow (1.6), Jeff Gladney (3.1), Derrick Brown (4.1), Brandon Jones (5.1), Prince Tega Wanogho (6.1), Rashard Lawrence (7.1), Saahdiq Charles (7.3)
I think overall the RNG drafted well for you. You got arguably the top 2 prospects in the entire draft. You hit on some of your bigger needs, especially getting Derrick Brown atop the 4th. That was probably the biggest steal in the draft. And even though you don't need Burrow, having him is great for your team as then either he or Jackson becomes an extremely valuable trade piece. This is easily imo the best draft class the RNG had just because of all of the top end talent you ended up with.

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Julian Okwara (1.2), Jeffery Okudah (2.2), Ashtyn Davis (3.2), Laviska Shenault Jr. (3.6), Javon Kinlaw (3.16), Lloyd Cushenberry III (4.2), Bradlee Anae (4.15), Joshua Uche (5.2), Austin Jackson (5.13), Jacob Breeland (7.11)
You are going to have one of the most unstoppably deep pass rush groups in the BDL. Mack and Garrett plus Okwara, Anae, and Uche? Not to mention Kinlaw as well? Getting Okudah in the second was great value and then you got a couple of solid players to round out the OL. The RNG overloaded on a position that wasn't really your need but you got some decent pieces besides that.

Williamsport Soul Reavers: Jacob Eason (2.1), CeeDee Lamb (2.16), Brandon Aiyuk (3.3), Yetur Gross-Matos (3.8), C.J. Henderson (3.11), Curtis Weaver (4.4), Adam Trautman (4.14), Ben Bartch (5.3), Josh Jones (5.8), Amik Robertson (5.14), Donovan Peoples-Jones (6.2), Denzel Mims (6.7)
The RNG really didn't like your receiver group but set you up with some nice ones, getting you especially good value on Lamb at the end of the second. He did well to address your needs at EDGE and OT but completely neglected to draft an INT player, a decision that I think will come back to haunt you.

Portland Horned Owls: Jonathan Taylor (2.3)
The RNG took one look at your roster and said "You know what the one thing we need is? A backup to McCaffery." And that was your draft.

Seoul Dragons: Lucas Niang (1.5), Grant Delpit (2.5), Justin Madubuike (2.9), Damon Arnette (3.5), A.J. Terrell (4.5), Terrell Lewis (6.3), Brycen Hopkins (6.5), Darnay Holmes (6.14), Tyler Biadasz (7.5), Quintez Cephus (7.12)
The RNG did grab you some sorely needed CBs and solid value at EDGE in Lewis but almost completely neglected two of your largest needs: RB and WR. It even drafted you another TE! I guess Murray is gonna be playing some 4 TE offensive sets next year to make up for this draft.

Sacramento Sasquatches: Jerry Jeudy (1.1), Neville Gallimore (1.8), Tee Higgins (1.12), Xavier McKinney (1.15), Kenneth Murray (2.11), Tua Tagovailoa (3.9), Zack Moss (4.3), Bryce Hall (4.8), Robert Hunt (5.4), Darrell Taylor (5.6), Davon Hamilton (5.7), Nick Harris (5.11), Marlon Davidson (6.6), Akeem Davis-Gaither (7.15)
At least you didn't grab a total scrub at the first overall pick and you ended up getting one of the top QBs in Tagovailoa down the line anyways. I actually like this draft a good bit as I'm a fan of most of the players the RNG drafted for you. The only one of your major needs not addressed is OT and some feel that Hunt could still play OT in the pros too.

Gotham Gashslayers: Justin Herbert (1.7), A.J. Epenesa (2.7), Kristian Fulton (2.15), Trevon Diggs (3.7), Jalen Hurts (4.6), Hunter Bryant (4.7), Cole Kmet (4.12), Malik Harrison (4.16), Isaiah Wilson (6.13), Van Jefferson (7.4), Richie Grant (7.7)
The RNG must be really down on Wentz because it went all out to replace him. That, the double TE picks, and Epenesa in your 3-4 defense are all kinda rough. The Fulton and Diggs picks alone though almost completely make up for that in my mind. Those are two really good players who fill one of your biggest needs.

Lancaster Werewolves: Justin Jefferson (2.8), Henry Ruggs III (3.15), Troy Dye (6.4)
Jefferson and Ruggs are really nice and fill one of my bigger needs. Dye isn't a favorite of mine or anything but he also definitely fills a need. No INT player really hurts this draft though.

Hungary Hippos: Cesar Ruiz (2.4), Alohi Gilman (5.5), Troy Pride Jr. (5.9), Jordyn Brooks (5.15), Matt Hennessy (6.8), Cam Akers (6.9)
I think this draft looks kinda rough up front but isn't too bad outside of the Gilman pick. You grabbed two centers but both are good players and Ruiz could easily play guard. Akers was great value in the 6th and could definitely be useful. Pride and Brooks both fills needs. Solid job RNG, solid job.

Rome Eternals: Mekhi Becton (1.10), Jalen Reagor (2.6), Andrew Thomas (2.10), Jedrick Wills (3.10), Kyle Dugger (4.10), Ben Bredeson (6.10), Jonathan Greenard (6.15), Michael Ojemudia (7.9), K'Von Wallace (7.10)
Clearly the RNG isn't much of a believer in your OL. While you certainly don't need all of those OLineman, the good news is that you got insanely good value on most of them so by BPA principles it's pretty solid. Reagor, Dugger, and Greenard are all solid players that could find roles on this team as well. I think this was a good draft.

Oklahoma City EF5s: Cameron Dantzler (4.11)
The RNG saw the moves you'd made at CB this offseason and thought it still wasn't quite good enough. He grabbed you a solid player at least.

Singapore Sentinels: Noah Igbinoghene (3.4), Jaylon Johnson (4.13), Thaddeus Moss (5.12)
You may think you're ok at CB but clearly the RNG disagrees. He got you some decent value and good players. It also wanted you to run a 3 or 4 TE offense like Seoul.

Cuba Smugglers: Tristan Wirfs (1.13), Isaiah Simmons (1.16), K.J. Hamler (2.13), Antoine Winfield Jr. (3.13), Bryan Edwards (5.10), Isaiah Hodgins (7.13)
Even with the RNG running the show you can't stay away from the Big 10! Wirfs is a good pick though and you even nabbed Simmons at a steal at the end of the first round. Hamler and Winfield, despite being filthy northern football players, are good picks, albeit slightly early for each. Taking three WRs feels unnecessary though.

Berlin Blitzkrieg: J.K. Dobbins (1.14), K'Lavon Chaisson (2.12), Jordan Love (2.14), D'Andre Swift (3.14), Trey Adams (7.14)
Honestly? Pretty good draft here. You probably don't need Dobbins and Swift but man that duo would be dirty. And Chaisson isn't the biggest need but is a very good player at good value. Love and Adams also provide good value at positions of need where they were taken.

New Orleans Jazz: Raekwon Davis (4.9), Eno Benjamin (6.11), Jonah Jackson (6.12), Kenny Willekes (6.16)
This is probably the worst RNG draft of them all. Benjamin and Jackson are just ok while both Willekes and Davis are non-draftable in BDL for me. RNG really **** the bed on this one.

Camden Hood Rats: Ross Blacklock (3.12), Jake Fromm (5.16), John Simpson (7.6), Julian Blackmon (7.8), Josiah Deguara (7.16)
Another bit of a lower end draft here. Blacklock is nice at 3.12 but those last three picks are pretty rough, even for 7th rounders.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Mock Draft 17.0: The RNG Mock
Wanted to do something really different this week. Basically I did this mock with an RNG. I used thedraftnetwork's prospect rankings and did them 50 players at a time. I used the RNG to randomly assign the top 50 players to the top 50 picks. Then I did the same for the 51-100 prospects for picks 51-100. Then I did prospects 101-150 for the last 12 picks. Full results here. Let's check out the team hauls and tell me who you think had the best class/got the best value etc.

Hawaii Nightmarchers: Chase Young (1.3), Zack Baun (1.4), Joe Burrow (1.6), Jeff Gladney (3.1), Derrick Brown (4.1), Brandon Jones (5.1), Prince Tega Wanogho (6.1), Rashard Lawrence (7.1), Saahdiq Charles (7.3)
I think overall the RNG drafted well for you. You got arguably the top 2 prospects in the entire draft. You hit on some of your bigger needs, especially getting Derrick Brown atop the 4th. That was probably the biggest steal in the draft. And even though you don't need Burrow, having him is great for your team as then either he or Jackson becomes an extremely valuable trade piece. This is easily imo the best draft class the RNG had just because of all of the top end talent you ended up with.

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos: Julian Okwara (1.2), Jeffery Okudah (2.2), Ashtyn Davis (3.2), Laviska Shenault Jr. (3.6), Javon Kinlaw (3.16), Lloyd Cushenberry III (4.2), Bradlee Anae (4.15), Joshua Uche (5.2), Austin Jackson (5.13), Jacob Breeland (7.11)
You are going to have one of the most unstoppably deep pass rush groups in the BDL. Mack and Garrett plus Okwara, Anae, and Uche? Not to mention Kinlaw as well? Getting Okudah in the second was great value and then you got a couple of solid players to round out the OL. The RNG overloaded on a position that wasn't really your need but you got some decent pieces besides that.

Williamsport Soul Reavers: Jacob Eason (2.1), CeeDee Lamb (2.16), Brandon Aiyuk (3.3), Yetur Gross-Matos (3.8), C.J. Henderson (3.11), Curtis Weaver (4.4), Adam Trautman (4.14), Ben Bartch (5.3), Josh Jones (5.8), Amik Robertson (5.14), Donovan Peoples-Jones (6.2), Denzel Mims (6.7)
The RNG really didn't like your receiver group but set you up with some nice ones, getting you especially good value on Lamb at the end of the second. He did well to address your needs at EDGE and OT but completely neglected to draft an INT player, a decision that I think will come back to haunt you.

Portland Horned Owls: Jonathan Taylor (2.3)
The RNG took one look at your roster and said "You know what the one thing we need is? A backup to McCaffery." And that was your draft.

Seoul Dragons: Lucas Niang (1.5), Grant Delpit (2.5), Justin Madubuike (2.9), Damon Arnette (3.5), A.J. Terrell (4.5), Terrell Lewis (6.3), Brycen Hopkins (6.5), Darnay Holmes (6.14), Tyler Biadasz (7.5), Quintez Cephus (7.12)
The RNG did grab you some sorely needed CBs and solid value at EDGE in Lewis but almost completely neglected two of your largest needs: RB and WR. It even drafted you another TE! I guess Murray is gonna be playing some 4 TE offensive sets next year to make up for this draft.

Sacramento Sasquatches: Jerry Jeudy (1.1), Neville Gallimore (1.8), Tee Higgins (1.12), Xavier McKinney (1.15), Kenneth Murray (2.11), Tua Tagovailoa (3.9), Zack Moss (4.3), Bryce Hall (4.8), Robert Hunt (5.4), Darrell Taylor (5.6), Davon Hamilton (5.7), Nick Harris (5.11), Marlon Davidson (6.6), Akeem Davis-Gaither (7.15)
At least you didn't grab a total scrub at the first overall pick and you ended up getting one of the top QBs in Tagovailoa down the line anyways. I actually like this draft a good bit as I'm a fan of most of the players the RNG drafted for you. The only one of your major needs not addressed is OT and some feel that Hunt could still play OT in the pros too.

Gotham Gashslayers: Justin Herbert (1.7), A.J. Epenesa (2.7), Kristian Fulton (2.15), Trevon Diggs (3.7), Jalen Hurts (4.6), Hunter Bryant (4.7), Cole Kmet (4.12), Malik Harrison (4.16), Isaiah Wilson (6.13), Van Jefferson (7.4), Richie Grant (7.7)
The RNG must be really down on Wentz because it went all out to replace him. That, the double TE picks, and Epenesa in your 3-4 defense are all kinda rough. The Fulton and Diggs picks alone though almost completely make up for that in my mind. Those are two really good players who fill one of your biggest needs.

Lancaster Werewolves: Justin Jefferson (2.8), Henry Ruggs III (3.15), Troy Dye (6.4)
Jefferson and Ruggs are really nice and fill one of my bigger needs. Dye isn't a favorite of mine or anything but he also definitely fills a need. No INT player really hurts this draft though.

Hungary Hippos: Cesar Ruiz (2.4), Alohi Gilman (5.5), Troy Pride Jr. (5.9), Jordyn Brooks (5.15), Matt Hennessy (6.8), Cam Akers (6.9)
I think this draft looks kinda rough up front but isn't too bad outside of the Gilman pick. You grabbed two centers but both are good players and Ruiz could easily play guard. Akers was great value in the 6th and could definitely be useful. Pride and Brooks both fills needs. Solid job RNG, solid job.

Rome Eternals: Mekhi Becton (1.10), Jalen Reagor (2.6), Andrew Thomas (2.10), Jedrick Wills (3.10), Kyle Dugger (4.10), Ben Bredeson (6.10), Jonathan Greenard (6.15), Michael Ojemudia (7.9), K'Von Wallace (7.10)
Clearly the RNG isn't much of a believer in your OL. While you certainly don't need all of those OLineman, the good news is that you got insanely good value on most of them so by BPA principles it's pretty solid. Reagor, Dugger, and Greenard are all solid players that could find roles on this team as well. I think this was a good draft.

Oklahoma City EF5s: Cameron Dantzler (4.11)
The RNG saw the moves you'd made at CB this offseason and thought it still wasn't quite good enough. He grabbed you a solid player at least.

Singapore Sentinels: Noah Igbinoghene (3.4), Jaylon Johnson (4.13), Thaddeus Moss (5.12)
You may think you're ok at CB but clearly the RNG disagrees. He got you some decent value and good players. It also wanted you to run a 3 or 4 TE offense like Seoul.

Cuba Smugglers: Tristan Wirfs (1.13), Isaiah Simmons (1.16), K.J. Hamler (2.13), Antoine Winfield Jr. (3.13), Bryan Edwards (5.10), Isaiah Hodgins (7.13)
Even with the RNG running the show you can't stay away from the Big 10! Wirfs is a good pick though and you even nabbed Simmons at a steal at the end of the first round. Hamler and Winfield, despite being filthy northern football players, are good picks, albeit slightly early for each. Taking three WRs feels unnecessary though.

Berlin Blitzkrieg: J.K. Dobbins (1.14), K'Lavon Chaisson (2.12), Jordan Love (2.14), D'Andre Swift (3.14), Trey Adams (7.14)
Honestly? Pretty good draft here. You probably don't need Dobbins and Swift but man that duo would be dirty. And Chaisson isn't the biggest need but is a very good player at good value. Love and Adams also provide good value at positions of need where they were taken.

New Orleans Jazz: Raekwon Davis (4.9), Eno Benjamin (6.11), Jonah Jackson (6.12), Kenny Willekes (6.16)
This is probably the worst RNG draft of them all. Benjamin and Jackson are just ok while both Willekes and Davis are non-draftable in BDL for me. RNG really **** the bed on this one.

Camden Hood Rats: Ross Blacklock (3.12), Jake Fromm (5.16), John Simpson (7.6), Julian Blackmon (7.8), Josiah Deguara (7.16)
Another bit of a lower end draft here. Blacklock is nice at 3.12 but those last three picks are pretty rough, even for 7th rounders.

I’d take this

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

What happened to 1.9 and 1.11?