BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I didn’t. If you took me telling you that you can compete in FA like everyone else considering you have the most cap of any team as snide that is a reflection of you taking it personally. 

That's fair. I'll try not to take things so personally 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

So basically, as a rule Extensions in this league are pretty pointless. Everything is designed to make sure free agency is stacked.. got it.

It's designed to keep the league fresh. Keep talent moving. If it was "easy" for every team to hold onto every one of their talented players then bad teams rarely get good, good teams rarely get bad. I know you see a lot of these guidelines from a cynical view, but it's not that. 

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It's designed to keep the league fresh. Keep talent moving. If it was "easy" for every team to hold onto every one of their talented players then bad teams rarely get good, good teams rarely get bad. I know you see a lot of these guidelines from a cynical view, but it's not that. 

I don't view this as 'cynical', I do view it as redundant. Which is fine but I kinda agree with SirA on this.

I really dont have an issue with the overall design. There are some things that irk me and other things I really like. Gotta take the good with the bad

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Jlash trying to tempt someone in to giving Jaylon a longer term deal so he can match 

Or I'm just not trying to pay him anything for this year so I can 3 up Yannick when he gets his money. Either way, that's the RFA game ain't it?

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 11:08 PM, MD4L said:

I’m doing the same with you, lol. But I’d advise against trading for Snacks bc Jlash will use that draft choice on an eventual member of the 2020 AP all rookie team.

Switch Snacks for Jaylon Smith.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

It’s been a while.

Right. Because you went around and sullied my name because a player I traded you retired, and then Nick Foles came back down to earth. And now you're still doing it. Cold.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Right. Because you went around and sullied my name because a player I traded you retired, and then Nick Foles came back down to earth. And now you're still doing it. Cold.

I apologize for nothing. We’re division rivals after all.

• Like 3