BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let's make no mistake, Tua's size is also why he hasnt remained healthy. At the NFL level, whomever drafts him better have a pro bowl OL

There hasn’t been a high caliber left handed QB in the NFL since Michael Vick. Kellen Moore might have started a game or 3. And then? You’re going back to Mark Brunell and Steve Young.

Real talk, I was thinking that I'd need to take a QB or trade down since I wasn't getting Young. But as Burrow kept dominating I started to warm up to Burrow, and knew I had to take him for value. Once it became obvious after a trade to get to #1, I knew I was taking Young unless I got an offer that blew me away. Didn't get that, so I will rely on my defensive line.

Just now, MD4L said:

There hasn’t been a high caliber left handed QB in the NFL since Michael Vick. Kellen Moore might have started a game or 3. And then? You’re going back to Mark Brunell and Steve Young.

Do you realize how bad of a QB as accuracy goes Mike Vick actually was?

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Bro if you ever came into the goddamn discussion you would've seen me post this more than once. 

It's not my fault this thread can blow up 20 pages in 2 hours. Ain't nobody got time for that. Need to have a VIP thread filtered for what's important. 

Just now, wwhickok said:

Do you realize how bad of a QB as accuracy goes Mike Vick actually was?

That’s not the point. He was an extremely productive quarterback. But left handed passers haven’t been in the NFL for some time. 

21 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I'm not as enamored with him

I had Thomas #1 with Wirfs and Wills real close.  Happy to get him at 14.

19 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It really, really is. At #3 overall, when you dont need a starting QB, when he will probably never play unless you trade your starter cuz he doesnt get touched... I was being nice. It's actually beyond stupid.

Makes sense to me.

11 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Very much so.  We have star power across the board and are extremely deep at a few positions. We are missing depth at DT and Safety.  Outside of that we are not in need of much star power if at all.  That is why taking Tua is perfect.  Derrick Brown (pretty sure someone took him so I can talk about him) was the only other player that we could even consider and taking him at 3, 4, or 6 was way to big of a reach 

I took him at 9.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

It's not my fault this thread can blow up 20 pages in 2 hours. Ain't nobody got time for that. Need to have a VIP thread filtered for what's important. 

In the offseason we get 5 posts a day. You want Byard holleratchaboi.