BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Oh they can draft one but if they were gonna take one in the first, they would have just let Brissett start the year 

Maybe, but I think Indy wants to have their cake and eat it, too. Upgrade at quarterback in the short term with Rivers and draft a guy to step in next year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have the ability of the 5th yr option for. Calvin Ridley next season  correct?

If the player is actually offered a real 5th year option yes. Like White was today.

50 minutes ago, Jlash said:

What would you prefer? Serious question. 

A little more balance between the 2. I'm not saying we should be able to endlessly resign people but it seems silly that we don't have the 5th yr option unless they utilize it irl. That's just my opinion and I've always been in the minority.

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

it seems silly that we don't have the 5th yr option unless they utilize it irl.

3 ups mirror RL contracts. This mirrors the IRL contract without having to use a 3 up. Signing someone in FA is a portion of their IRL contract (if applicable). It keeps things streamlined and simple.

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

3 ups mirror RL contracts. This mirrors the IRL contract without having to use a 3 up. Signing someone in FA is a portion of their IRL contract (if applicable). It keeps things streamlined and simple.

I understand all of that. The part I don't agree with is the 5th yr option rules.