BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I want to keep with it, but I just wanted to be real with you all with where I am at.

I think most of us realized where you were at after last weeks gameplan and voting. Haha.

• Like 1

So just to be clear. Despite Diontae Johnson and Taylor Lewan being listed as questionable on the injury report, they will be able to play in BDL this week since they're now on a bye. And then Jonnu Smith who was due to be back this week but wasn't able to play last week will be unavailable. Correct?

Or wait, apparently Jonnu did play last week but I didn't realize it for some reason? But still.

Edited by rackcs

Also, time is a bit of a major issue with me right now. I'm a HS teacher and I am spending triple the amount of time I usually do planning and grading at work. Usually I have time to mess around on here for decent chunk of time at work. That is not the case at least right now. Plus I supplement my salary with after school duties which are all cancelled right now, so I picked up a side job. 

Not to be one full of excuses, but it's just where I am at right now. I know I've been giving off this "I don't give a crap vibe" but I'm just lost as hell and have way less time than I thought to make myself not lost as hell.

I know that is all temporary, but like I said, just trying to be real with where I am at right now

• Like 2

I'm happy to keep you on board. Honestly I think it's fine if you throw the towel in on a few games there's no realistic prospect of you winning in (such as last week). Effort where possible and at least making an effort with waiver pickups and some trades to reshape the roster is plenty for me.

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Also, time is a bit of a major issue with me right now. I'm a HS teacher and I am spending triple the amount of time I usually do planning and grading at work. Usually I have time to mess around on here for decent chunk of time at work. That is not the case at least right now. Plus I supplement my salary with after school duties which are all cancelled right now, so I picked up a side job. 

Not to be one full of excuses, but it's just where I am at right now. I know I've been giving off this "I don't give a crap vibe" but I'm just lost as hell and have way less time than I thought to make myself not lost as hell.

I know that is all temporary, but like I said, just trying to be real with where I am at right now

I'm also a teacher so I 100% get where you're coming from. Online learning is a pain. Like Lukic said above, just give some effort where you can and we all get it. As for being lost, that's why I think you should put together at least half *** gameplans so you can practice things and see what works. I'd also try to find some time to really look at some of the gameplans people post to kind of get a feel for how to do things.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just do your best

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I'm also a teacher so I 100% get where you're coming from. Online learning is a pain. Like Lukic said above, just give some effort where you can and we all get up. As for being lost, that's why I think you should put together at least half *** gameplans so you can practice things and see what works. I'd also try to find some time to really look at some of the gameplans people post to kind of get a feel for how to do things.

I returned last week from Paternity Leave. They didn’t get me a sub for over a month. So I myself have been trying to make up a lot of work with the distance learning that wasn’t done. So I also understand where both of you are coming from. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I'm happy to keep you on board. Honestly I think it's fine if you throw the towel in on a few games there's no realistic prospect of you winning in (such as last week). Effort where possible and at least making an effort with waiver pickups and some trades to reshape the roster is plenty for me.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm also a teacher so I 100% get where you're coming from. Online learning is a pain. Like Lukic said above, just give some effort where you can and we all get it. As for being lost, that's why I think you should put together at least half *** gameplans so you can practice things and see what works. I'd also try to find some time to really look at some of the gameplans people post to kind of get a feel for how to do things.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Just do your best

Sounds good. I’ll do gameplans when I can. It won’t be every week this season. I’ll figure my life out

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Sounds good. I’ll do gameplans when I can. It won’t be every week this season. I’ll figure my life out

Well normally we expect BDL to come before real life but I think in this case we can make an exception.

• Like 1

With all that being said, Horned Owl trade block. Get in on this fire sale! Need all the picks. 

QB Kirk Cousins
QB Jacoby Brissett

RB Peyton Barber
RB Gus Edwards
RB Josh Adams
RB Ty Johnson
RB Jerick McKinnon
FB Patrick Ricard
WR Adam Thielen

WR John Ross

WR Dede Westbrook
WR Byron Pringle
WR David Moore
WR Keesean Johnson
TE Jacob Hollister
TE Drew Sample

TE Jack Doyle

OT Alejandro Villanueva
OT Andrew Wylie
OG Andrew Norwell
OG Mark Glowinski
OG Will Hernandez
OC Matt Paradis
Edge Von Miller
Edge Dee Ford

Edge John Simon
INT Cameron Heyward
INT Michael Pierce
INT Hassan Ridgeway
INT Lawrence Guy
LB Blake Martinez

LB Jamie Collins
LB Elandon Roberts
LB Breeland Speaks
LB Kenny Young
LB Leon Jacobs

CB Desmond Trufant
CB Mackensie Alexander
CB Eli Apple
CB E.J. Gaines
CB Brandon Facyson
CB Michael Ojemudia
S Landon Collins
S Malcolm Jenkins

S Mike Edwards
S Julian Blackmon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

With all that being said, Horned Owl trade block. Get in on this fire sale! Need all the picks. 

QB Kirk Cousins
QB Jacoby Brissett

RB Peyton Barber
RB Gus Edwards
RB Josh Adams
RB Ty Johnson
RB Jerick McKinnon
FB Patrick Ricard
WR Adam Thielen

WR John Ross

WR Dede Westbrook
WR Byron Pringle
WR David Moore
WR Keesean Johnson
TE Jacob Hollister
TE Drew Sample

TE Jack Doyle

OT Alejandro Villanueva
OT Andrew Wylie
OG Andrew Norwell
OG Mark Glowinski
OG Will Hernandez
OC Matt Paradis
Edge Von Miller
Edge Dee Ford

Edge John Simon
INT Cameron Heyward
INT Michael Pierce
INT Hassan Ridgeway
INT Lawrence Guy
LB Blake Martinez

LB Jamie Collins
LB Elandon Roberts
LB Breeland Speaks
LB Kenny Young
LB Leon Jacobs

CB Desmond Trufant
CB Mackensie Alexander
CB Eli Apple
CB E.J. Gaines
CB Brandon Facyson
CB Michael Ojemudia
S Landon Collins
S Malcolm Jenkins

S Mike Edwards
S Julian Blackmon

A couple of these guys might be locked until the offseason... but I like this effort 

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That sounds great.  I really think that if you make waiver wire pickups a priority, make some trades(and feel free to ask someone else if a trade is good value or not), and put in a few gameplans to get an idea of what does and doesn't work, you will be competing very quickly.  Just focus on those three things.

One side note, we do have a trade deadline midseason and player prices typically go up around then as guys are arming up for a playoff run.  So keep that in mind.

• Like 1