BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Cool Story bro I was comparing Theilen to a player on a similar contact of similar asking value.

It's not a similar contract and I literally just laid out how Thielen's situation was different.

Just now, Blue said:

It's not a similar contract and I literally just laid out how Thielen's situation was different.

It is on a potential 3Up. But any rate people.can ask whatever they want for their players. In this situation I think it was a solid deal for a player that has been playing very well. 

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It is on a potential 3Up. But any rate people.can ask whatever they want for their players. In this situation I think it was a solid deal for a player that has been playing very well.

Yes, but I literally just explained why the 3 Up isn't necessarily a positive.

I don't think Thielen has really played that well. He had 78 yards and 2 touchdowns against prevent defense in the 4th quarter of Week 1, 60 yards total in the next two weeks before finally lighting up the Texans yesterday. That's obviously better than Cooks, but I'd like to see more of that before pulling the trigger on a deal like that.

I also don't think anyone should be giving up a top-16 pick for any player who isn't under 30 and an All-Pro, you guys majorly undervalue your picks.

Edited by Blue

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes, but I literally just explained why the 3 Up isn't necessarily a positive.

I don't think Thielen has really played that well. He had 78 yards and 2 touchdowns against prevent defense in the 4th quarter of Week 1, 60 yards total in the next two weeks before finally lighting up the Texans yesterday. That's obviously better than Cooks, but I'd like to see more of that before pulling the trigger on a deal like that.

I also don't think anyone should be giving up a top-16 pick for any player who isn't under 30 and an All-Pro, you guys majorly undervalue your picks.

I value my picks just fine. I didn't give a first for a CB that is currently injured (to be fair neither did you) or a QB whose currently leading a 1-3 team irl but here i am with 3 top.16 picks this year. 

But I understand what you're saying about Theilen.

Edited by wwhickok

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I value my picks just fine. I didn't give a first for a CB that is currently injured (to be fair neither did you) or a QB whose currently leading a 1-3 team irl but here i am with 3 top.16 picks this year.

Yeah, believe me, I would include Whicker in that sentiment as well, lol

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

Now that that trade has been processed....

Wow. I would have thought him and TY straight up wasn't a terrible deal. But dropping a 1 and 4 to get him is uh...rought.

Good deal Pete. 

I think its a good deal, its not a deal I would've made unless I was rhe guy getting the 1st lol

27 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Now that that trade has been processed....

Wow. I would have thought him and TY straight up wasn't a terrible deal. But dropping a 1 and 4 to get him is uh...rought.

Good deal Pete. 

Who would do a straight up of TY for Thielen when both are on contract years?

I actually offered him straight out with that deal. He didn't even ask for anything lol.