BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

People's perceptions of players changes over time, Wentz is a great example.   If you want objectivity in outcomes, throw the players in Madden and run a season. 

I like the subjectivity and won't be legislated how I determine my perception.  The discussion that arises from different opinions is what makes me look again at a player, Budda Baker is a good example of that.  This discussion and exchange of ideas is what makes this league different and unique.

Everyone should be honest, unbiased and fair.  Is it 100% that?  No, of course not, we are humans competing against each other.  Doesn't mean you can't strive for it, which I think we all do or we wouldn't have the continuity that we have.  Bottom line, have fun!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

People's perceptions of players changes over time, Wentz is a great example.   If you want objectivity in outcomes, throw the players in Madden and run a season. 

I like the subjectivity and won't be legislated how I determine my perception.  The discussion that arises from different opinions is what makes me look again at a player, Budda Baker is a good example of that.  This discussion and exchange of ideas is what makes this league different and unique.

Everyone should be honest, unbiased and fair.  Is it 100% that?  No, of course not, we are humans competing against each other.  Doesn't mean you can't strive for it, which I think we all do or we wouldn't have the continuity that we have.  Bottom line, have fun!

I'm not talking about legislating anyone so if that's what you think I mean I apologize because it isn't. 

What I'm saying and all im saying is that there should be a general acceptance on how some derives a vote and more so a consistency to.it.

Im not even talking a consistency between you and me for example, I'm talking a consistency with YOU when you vote or ME when I vote.

For example, what Lukic said about Gallman I think is fair, I was sort of.guilty of that and ill own that. But in one situation I disregarded him as a viable weapon only to regard him better the next week (granted he had a better 2nd week). But the point he was making was fair. 

What I'm trying to get at is, we as individuals should be consistent about how we use our subjectivity. We don't have to.do it the same.aa everyone else (standard was the wrong use of words on my part) but be consistent within ourselves imo.

One thing I'll add is, I shouldn't have to worry about my vote upsetting someone for them to turn around and cast a retaliatory vote against me. That is not how it should work in any regard. We need to feel comfortable that we can read the gameplan, evaluate the roster, take in whatever other criteria we choose and cast our vote for.who we think will win and not have to be concerned with getting retaliated against.

And before anyone says retaliation doesn't happen, at least 1 person literally publicly threatened it at one point this season, though no one said a word about it. So I think its a legitimate concern.

Myself included, I also think everyone needs to simmer down on what I often refer to.as vote lobbying when we take exception to something someone says on a vote. We all have the opportunity to put as much thought and preparation into our gameplan as we want. Once its posted, imo, unless someone is asking us to clarify something in the gameplan, we should leave the conversation to the voters. It may go along way in alleviating some of the recent friction

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

One thing I'll add is, I shouldn't have to worry about my vote upsetting someone for them to turn around and cast a retaliatory vote against me. That is not how it should work in any regard. We need to feel comfortable that we can read the gameplan, evaluate the roster, take in whatever other criteria we choose and cast our vote for.who we think will win and not have to be concerned with getting retaliated against.

And before anyone says retaliation doesn't happen, at least 1 person literally publicly threatened it at one point this season, though no one said a word about it. So I think its a legitimate concern.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but you have displayed this behaviour more than anyone else this season.  I mean, in your first reply, you used the example of Gallman, which is your inconsistency, to ask for more consistency from the owners.  

6 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I'm sorry to be blunt, but you have displayed this behaviour more than anyone else this season.  I mean, in your first reply, you used the example of Gallman, which is your inconsistency, to ask for more consistency from the owners.  

But did I not just say and admit I'm also guilty of it? I would disagree that I've shown more inconsistencies than anyone else. I'd disagree with that completely. 

Having said that I am not the one that initially brought this conversation up. Lukic is. And had he done things the right way and had an open discussion with people (,to include me) about his frustration or concerns, we might not be where we are now. 

Having said that I don't think I'm wrong to expect everyone (yes including me, which I already said) to be more consistent.

As far as retaliatory votes, I have never cast a vote out or retaliation.  I'm assuming this is what your insinuating that i retaliate via voting against ppl? Which doesn't make a lot of sense considering i am typically one of the first people to cast my vote. 

Edited by wwhickok