Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
THE DUKE

Fan Speak Mock Drafts

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Nice.  But with all of those upgrades, we will be stuck in qb hell unless Jameis makes massive jumps with ball security

Yeah, I'd never do it, but I wanted to trade down from 1, 33, and 65 and see what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was not in the market for a qb, or didn't believe in Burrow,  there are things that could be done. 

CIN 5.
Tua Tagovailoa
QB Alabama
trade icon
CIN 18.
Kenneth Murray
OLB Oklahoma
trade icon
CIN 26.
Denzel Mims
WR Baylor
trade icon
CIN 56.
Neville Gallimore
DT Oklahoma
trade icon
CIN 59.
Zack Baun
OLB Wisconsin
trade icon
CIN 64.
Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia
trade icon
CIN 65.
Laviska Shenault Jr.
WR Colorado
 
CIN 107.
Cole Kmet
TE Notre Dame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with the profootballnetwork mock machine is their big board.  I never want to trade down from 33 because they always have one of Queen, Josh Jones, or Denzel Mims available.  They need to make it work with variable big boards like Fanspeak does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

See, I can't pass on Josh Jones at 33

CIN 1.    
Joe Burrow
QB LSU
 
CIN 33.    
Josh Jones
OT Houston
 
CIN 65.    
Tee Higgins
WR Clemson
 
CIN 107.    
Jordyn Brooks
OLB Texas Tech
 
CIN 147.    
Damien Lewis
G LSU
 
CIN 180.    
Tyler Bass
K Georgia Southern
 
CIN 215.    
Shaquille Quarterman
ILB Miami
Edited by THE DUKE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

See, I can't pass on Josh Jones at 33

CIN 1.    
Joe Burrow
QB LSU
 
CIN 33.    
Josh Jones
OT Houston
 
CIN 65.    
Tee Higgins
WR Clemson
 
CIN 107.    
Jordyn Brooks
OLB Texas Tech
 
CIN 147.    
Damien Lewis
G LSU
 
CIN 180.    
Tyler Bass
K Georgia Southern
 
CIN 215.    
Shaquille Quarterman
ILB Miami

I'd take that in a heartbeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone used PFF’s mock draft tool? I’ve tried but it’s greyed out whenever I try. Anyone have any better success?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

Has anyone used PFF’s mock draft tool? I’ve tried but it’s greyed out whenever I try. Anyone have any better success?

Sometimes it’s greyed out for me too but other times its not. I really enjoy it tho. What I don’t like is how you can almost always get Isaiah Wilson in the 3rd, which I would love irl but I doubt he’s there. Just like tdn has Josh Jones ranked 37th on their board so you can usually get him at 33 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the PFF mock simulator with 75% PFF board and 25% public and got some wild results with trade downs from 65.  Ended up:

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
33. Mechi Becton, OT, Louisville
85. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
107. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
109. Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina
147. Julian Blackmon, S, Utah
149. Prince Tega Wanogho, T, Auburn
151. Evan Weaver, LB, California
215. Tyler Bass, K, Georgia Southern

Holy hell, i'd be jacked after a draft like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I used the PFF mock simulator with 75% PFF board and 25% public and got some wild results with trade downs from 65.  Ended up:

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
33. Mechi Becton, OT, Louisville
85. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
107. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
109. Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina
147. Julian Blackmon, S, Utah
149. Prince Tega Wanogho, T, Auburn
151. Evan Weaver, LB, California
215. Tyler Bass, K, Georgia Southern

Holy hell, i'd be jacked after a draft like that.

I think of one of the top 5 OTs slides to 33, I’m gonna go berserk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BengalsBite said:

I think of one of the top 5 OTs slides to 33, I’m gonna go berserk 

The conventional wisdom is if one of the OT's fall, it'll be Jones, but you never know.  There is always some wonky stuff with the draft every year.  Hopefully we come out of the better side of the wonk this year after taking Sample in rd 2 last year.  I tried to defend that pick, but unless Sample really ramps it up in the next year or two, that's going to sting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BengalsBite said:

I think of one of the top 5 OTs slides to 33, I’m gonna go berserk 

Tackle is a premium position wherein prospects usually get over-drafted, not under-drafted; see last year with Tytus Howard and Kaleb McGary both going higher than expected. 

I definitely don’t see one of the top 5 falling, especially considering the top 4 should be gone within the top 15 picks. Tackles are going to get pushed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I tried to defend that pick, but unless Sample really ramps it up in the next year or two, that's going to sting.

Even if he turns out to be a HOF, it was still a reach. The only way to defend the pick is if other teams valued him similar to the bengals and the public vs teams eval was completely different on him. That’s what we’ve heard since so hopefully that was really the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best non-trade of mine yet? The more I do mocks, the more I'd rather pass on LB on day 2 and double dip on day 3. Between day 3 and UDFA, there's going to be enough talent to find a quality starter down the road. 

1: R1P1 - QB JOE BURROW - LSU

33: R2P1 - DL ROSS BLACKLOCK - TCU

65: R3P1 - WR BRYAN EDWARDS - SOUTH CAROLINA

107: R4P1 - G DAMIEN LEWIS - LSU

147: R5P1  - LB JOE BACHIE - MICHIGAN ST.

180: R6P1 - LB DAVION TAYLOR - COLORADO

215: R7P1 - K TYLER BASS - GA. SOUTHERN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Best non-trade of mine yet? The more I do mocks, the more I'd rather pass on LB on day 2 and double dip on day 3. Between day 3 and UDFA, there's going to be enough talent to find a quality starter down the road. 

1: R1P1 - QB JOE BURROW - LSU

33: R2P1 - DL ROSS BLACKLOCK - TCU

65: R3P1 - WR BRYAN EDWARDS - SOUTH CAROLINA

107: R4P1 - G DAMIEN LEWIS - LSU

147: R5P1  - LB JOE BACHIE - MICHIGAN ST.

180: R6P1 - LB DAVION TAYLOR - COLORADO

215: R7P1 - K TYLER BASS - GA. SOUTHERN

You like a DL at 33? I’ve kinda been leaning that way if people don’t fall. Seems like DL will be bpa if we don’t wanna go CB 

Edited by BengalsBite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BengalsBite said:

You like a DL at 33? I’ve kinda been leaning that way if people don’t fall. Seems like DL will be bpa if we don’t wanna go CB 

If Blacklock is there, hell yes. BPA all the way at 33. Nothing wrong with adding pass rushers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×