The Official XFL Thread!

Nex_Gen

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If I'm a guy like Marcus Mariota, I'm considering something like this over a backup gig next season. 

The money is so outrageously different.

Mariota could be 1 hit from being the next Nick Foles or Ryan Fitzpatrick with the additional paydays that entails.

He could even be the gap starter in a place like LA-Chargers that drafts a young kid.

Id like to see the college guys who are likely out of the top 4 or 5 rounds go to the XFL to prove themselves before the NFL draft / UDFA signing period

Edited by SkippyX

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Mariota could be 1 hit from being the next Nick Foles or Ryan Fitzpatrick with the additional paydays that entails.

I wonder if Mariota's head is in the right place to be that sort of guy right now. The money, I can't disagree with - but something like this could help Mariota refine a lot of what he wasn't doing well, give him a canvas to bounce off of.

If Mariota gets into an actual NFL game for any reason, he's going to fail. He's simply shell shocked. Here, his athleticism and tools could propel him to a few good moments, give him something to build on.

17 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Man, now the XFL just has to worry about getting someone like PJ Walker to stay after the season.

Realistically, I'd guess that there's enough talent out there for four more XFL teams or so as it stands right now. What markets would work? Sorry, @Titans_Matt, Tennessee is not a good market. Lived in Clarksville, don't think Nashville or Memphis could support a team.

A team somewhere in Ohio makes a ton of sense 

• Like 1

Just now, hornbybrown said:

A team somewhere in Ohio makes a ton of sense 

Portland, OR needs to be the first destination for the league in terms of expansion. The passion with Oregon/Oregon State football tells me a Portland franchise would RAKE in money.

Then, Salt Lake City. Utah would go ballistic for a pro football team.

• Like 1